Head of Application Engineering for 3D Imaging (f/m)
At a glance
In this management role you will functionally and disciplinary lead an application engineering team within the fast growing Sense & Control department in Graz. With your excellent technical knowledge and leadership experience, you will contribute to the further development of your team and the related products.
Professionals / experienced
In your new role you will:
- Functionally and disciplinary lead a small- to mid-size group of application engineers for the product group 3D imaging
- Functionally lead field application engineers in other locations and world regions
- Be responsible for headcount and budget planning, task assignment and workload management
- Take care of people development (e.g. trainings, skill development, target settings and feedback)
- Develop the 3D imaging application roadmap and contribute to 3D imaging strategy
- Drive the requirements engineering process for new products
- Define and manage internal working processes, methodology, roles and assignments
- Analyze and understand market needs and trends (product- and service-wise)
- Drive competition monitoring and analysis and develop technical fighting guides
- Investigate and understand technical customer requirements and targets
- Negotiate technically and convince the customer of being the "trusted advisor"
- Develop and drive the application engineering customer service (documentation, tools, off- and on-site support)
- Synchronize competencies and service offering with partner companies
- Regularly align with management, marketing and R&D engineering groups
- Establish and maintain close cooperation with regional marketing, sales and field application engineering organizations worldwide
- Communicate verbally and written with world-wide customers
You are personally committed to the customer's concerns and award them a high priority. You cooperate across boundaries and appreciate the contributions of other people and concentrate your creativity and knowledge on producing results with real added value. You are open for innovation and other cultures.
You are best equipped for this task if you have:
- University / university of applied sciences degree (Master) in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics or Informatics
- 5+ years of leadership experience (self-organization and organization of others, motivating nature, personal integrity, ease in communication)
- Experience in the field of application engineering, ideally with focus on 3D imaging applications
- Knowledge of electronic camera systems: optics (lenses, filters), pixel, read-out, high-speed interfaces
- Knowledge of active infrared illumination: LED and VCSEL, diffusors, laser safety
- Basic knowledge of image processing (calibration, lens correction, digital filtering), embedded CPU and DSP architectures and software
- Understanding of schematic, PCB-layout and mechanical design
- Experience in customer design-in projects and customer support
- Willingness to travel
- Fluent English skills with good German skills as a plus
This position is subject to the collective agreement for workers and employees in the electrical and electronics industry, employment group I (www.feei.at/arbeitswelt/kv-tabellen-statistik/mindestloehne-und-gehaelter-2017). The monthly salary is paid 14 times p.a. A higher payment is negotiable depending on your expertise and skills. Furthermore, Infineon offers additional employee benefits.
Part of your life. Part of tomorrow.
We make life easier, safer and greener - with technology that achieves more, consumes less and is accessible to everyone. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. Efficient use of energy, environmentally-friendly mobility and security in a connected world - we solve some of the most critical challenges that our society faces while taking a conscientious approach to the use of natural resources.
The Automotive segment (ATV) designs, develops, manufactures and markets semiconductors for use in automotive applications. ATV offers a very broad product portfolio of microcontrollers, magnetic and pressure sensors, radio-frequency and particularly radar components as well as power semiconductors (discretes, modules and ICs). Infineon is one of the few semiconductor manufacturers for automotive that cover all established applications in vehicles: CO2 reduction, comfort electronics, driver assistance systems and security. In the area of safety the focus is on ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems).