Senior Software Developer (m/f) Vienna, Austria
AIM Software is a fast growing provider of Enterprise Data Management Software. We offer our employees the unique opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technologies and to gain experience in international projects from New York to Australia.
- Consistently write, translate and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) for a variety of projects.
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform upgrades to libraries used in the software product.
- Liaise with customers' network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior software developers.
- Assist other developers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and developing new software programs and applications.
- Run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of software requirements and specifications.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or software engineering and/or 3-7 years equivalent work experience.
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) or Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD) preferred.
- Proven experience with both Windows client/server software development and ASP.NET web development.
- Proven experience in three-tier client/server design and development.
- Hands on experience working in integrated development environments, including Microsoft Visual Studio/Team Foundation Server.
- Hands on experience working with database development tools, including SQL Developer, TOAD, MS SQL Management Studio.
- Experience with Windows client and server operating systems.
- Extensive experience with Oracle and/or Microsoft SQL Server database systems.
- Experience with software interaction with databases through ORMs (Entity Framework) and/or ADO.NET
- Hands-on software troubleshooting experience.
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies, esp. SCRUM.
- Familiarity with the Financial Technology industry preferred.
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate effectively in a multicultural and multinational environment.
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues, effectively diagnose and troubleshoot problems that may arise.
- Highly logical and technically proficient.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Creativity in the case of Web or interface design.
- Exciting projects in collaboration with our Senior Developers and Architects
- International projects from New York to Australia
- Working on state-of-the-art technologies
- Personal education budget to be used for courses, trainings, conferences ect.
- Very good development opportunities
- Very central location
- Daily fresh fruits and free coffee
- Free public transport ticket
- Free choice of cell phone
- For international hires: Relocation package
Interested? Motivated? Dedicated? - We are looking forward to receiving your application!
The minimum salary according to the collective agreement is EUR 2.825,--. Dependent on your qualifications and education we offer a significant overpay.
AIM Software GmbH
Invalidenstrasse 2/OG6, 1030 Vienna
Tel: +43-1-512 46 52