One shared journey moves us forward. Bristol-Myers Squibb is a BioPharma leader offering opportunities to learn and grow professionally, working alongside smart, talented colleagues who are committed to helping patients prevail over serious diseases.
Our medicines help millions of people around the world in their fight against cancer, heart disease, HCV, and rheumatoid arthritis. Our commitment to patients' unmet medical needs drives innovation and pride in our record of achievements and we are recognized as having one of the most innovative pipelines in the industry with launches in Oncology and Specialty products.
Marketing & Sales Oncology Lead, Austria
We are currently seeking a motivated "Marketing & Sales Lead" to join our oncology marketing and sales team in Austria. Based in our offices in Vienna, the Marketing & Sales Oncology Lead will act with the highest standards of integrity, leads a high-performing team and provides marketing and sales expertise.
As the Marketing & Sales Oncology Lead, Austria your main responsibilities will include:
- Contributes to the strategic management of the country operation through effective participation with matrix peers and close working relationship with Business Unit Director Oncology Switzerland & Austria (CHAT).
- Leads cross functional/cross Business Unit initiatives at the local level and oversees and supervises Sales Force through one layer of Sales Management.
- Develops and communicates a compelling vision for the sales and marketing team that is aligned with the overall business strategy and driven by a strong personal teachable point of view (ideas, values and energy) to motivate the team.
- Prepare, coordinate and execute the Launch Brand Plan and liaise cross-functionally with local teams such as Medical, Regulatory and Market Access to ensure implementation of plans.
- Liaise with the Market Access team on access topics including pricing strategy and develops comprehensive marketing functional plans with sequenced tactics that are aligned with cross-functional strategic imperatives.
- Develop and implement brand strategy and marketing plans for all Oncology post launch Brands and indications.
- Effectively leads the commercialization of product portfolio across the therapeutic areas, sets priorities and allocates resources optimally to maximize sales, market share and objectives.
- Successfully launches new Immuno-Oncology products / combinations across numerous diverse indications (solid and hematological).
- Optimizes the business unit performance through superior implementation and execution of company Marketing and Sales Force Effectiveness programs.
- Develops a systematic approach to monitor, measure and track the sales and marketing projects and business performance.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with medical leaders and organizations, government officials, in order to create positive impact on company image and business goals.
- Builds & develops a diverse, high performing team by attracting & retaining the best talent, establishing and communicating high standards, establishing and implementing development plans, serving as role model in providing feedback and coaching.
- Keeps the sales and marketing team focused on customer needs, analyzes market trends, understands how they affect the current and future business, and responds proactively to secure long-term business performance.
- Consistently delivers ongoing coaching and feedback to improve performance and delivery skills.
- Champions innovation within Business Unit and ensures experience sharing across the organization.
- Develops appropriate budget goals aligned with external marketplace and internal strategy.
- Appropriately allocates resources to align with brand strategies in line with brand plan and budget.
- Demonstrates the business ethics and judgment to enforce internal controls to comply with the company's policies and procedures and relentlessly maintains and develops a compelling culture of compliance.
- Takes the broader business perspective into account when making decisions. Works within a multi-disciplinary team of people to ensure decisions made are correct.
As the successful Marketing & Sales Oncology Lead your Qualifications will ideally include:
- Advanced university degree in life sciences (e.g. MD, PharmD, or PhD) required.
- Pharmaceutical Representative Certificate (Pharmareferentenprüfung) is of strong advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in multiple functions such as: Marketing, Sales and/or Market Access.
- Successful experience in working in a highly matrixes commercial environment and managing a highly visible strategic product, business or major project.
- Experience of developing both strategic and marketing plans, together with tactical implementation of such.
- Proven experience in effectively direct management of teams.
- Experience in successful product launches, ideally within Immuno-Oncology.
- Ability to work independently when needed.
- In-depth knowledge of local pharmaceutical market, healthcare environment and competitive forces.
- Mastery of financial principles and how to manage budgets.
- Proficiency in German and English is a must.
BMS BioPharma Behaviors required
- Passion: We pursue excellence to help patients prevail. I set high standards for myself and others to win for our patients / I energize others / I strive to learn something new every day / I treat my patients, customers and colleagues with compassion, empathy and respect.
- Innovation: We embrace new ideas. I challenge the status quo / I seek and share bold idea that help BMS win / I pursue and understand diverse perspectives outside of BMS / I encourage and have constructive debates / I embrace change to drive innovative outcomes / I rebound quickly and learn from my mistakes.
- Accountability: We own our outcomes and the outcomes of others. I own BMS? Success by holding myself and others accountable / I share information in a transparent and honest way / I celebrate my successes and the successes of others / I coach and mentor others with good intent and purpose / I am inclusive and bring out the best in others / I understand what people do and the impact I have on them.
- Speed: We act with urgency and agility. I work with a sense of urgency / I focus on what's important / I consult with the right people to move quickly / I seek efficient, effective solutions / I quickly assess potential risks and rewards / I break silos and eliminate unnecessary rules / I make decisions with resolve and enable others to do the same.
In addition to facing a challenging & rewarding position, you will become part of a dynamic and dedicated team working in an exciting & innovative environment. We offer for this position a gross annual salary of minimum EUR 80,000, depending on the professional qualification and experience a higher remuneration is possible.
Moreover, BMS offers an attractive bonus system and social benefits to their employees. If you are willing to take on a position with responsibility, adding your experience, knowledge and your passion to BMS, we look forward to receiving your online application via our career portal.