We're experts in the world's fastest growing sector - globe shopping, where consumers from one country shop in another. We introduced the world to Tax Free Shopping over 30 years ago, but now offer a range of great services to help travellers shop and spend wisely in 43 countries around the world. We work with over 270,000 of the world's favorite brands, helping businesses engage with globe shoppers. Our IT headquarter is located in Vienna and we do have offices all over the globe, we're a truly international team.
System / Data Analyst
Operating in 40+ countries, offering numerous tax refund services and growing for over 30 years makes Global Blue's systems a complex landscape. The Transaction Monitoring team takes care of reconciling data between the different systems, ensuring consistent transactional data end-to-end. Within this team, your responsibility will be to understand the mechanics and data of the various systems in order to break down requirements into specific logic which can then be implemented by the development team. You will also take care of testing the results on a logical level to ensure the results are bullet-proof and consistent end-to-end.
- Analyse and understand mechanics & data of our transaction systems
- Re-fine requirements (provided by the Product Manager) and document them on a detailed level as preparation for the development team
- Check results of the development team for plausibility and make sure all scenarios and edge cases are covered
- Liaise with the teams responsible for the transaction systems on a regular basis in order to understand changes in all the systems relevant for Transaction Monitoring
- Be a "sparring partner" for the Product Manager and challenge new requirements with the technical and detailed knowledge of all the transaction systems
Education and experience:
- Min. 3 years of experience in IT/software development/system analysis
- Database experience, being able to handle SQL queries (writing basic ones, reading and interpreting semi-complex ones)
- Software development background would be a plus - you will not need to code, but the analytical mind-set of a developer would be beneficial
- Experience in working with dislocated teams in a global, multicultural environment
- Experience in handling demanding stakeholders from different technical/business areas
- Relevant IT educational background (e.g. University degree) or similar relevant experience
- Excellent English language skills both oral and written
- You are able to analyse and break down complex matters into its elements
- You pay a great attention to details and have a very well-structured working style
- Excellent verbal and written English communications skills - the documentation you write is precise, structured and without bloating overhead
- You enjoy collaborating with a diverse group of people from different teams and various backgrounds (development, product management, business units)
- You have a natural curiosity to find out how products/systems are working and are inquisitive and engaging
- Work in fast-growing international company
- Multi-cultural environment and inspiring colleagues from many different countries
- Development and potential to growth
- Varied and challenging job
Global Blue offers attractive, competitive and performance related compensation packages for all offered position, the individual package of fixed and variable parts are offered to the respective candidate on an individual level. Due to the legal regulation of federal Austrian law, Global Blue is obliged to state a mandatory minimum for this a position of 33.316,78 EUR.
How to apply:
In addition to your CV, please also provide a cover letter explaining your motivation and fit for this role.