Senior Back-end Developer - Java (m/f)
For online winter/outdoor sports start-up in Vienna
About CheckYeti and the job
CheckYeti is the leading marketplace (web & app) to search, compare and book winter sports and outdoor activities and currently features over 2,500 activities in more than 350 mountain resorts across the Alps.
We are a team of experienced entrepreneurs and developers who share a passion for outdoor activities and a common vision to provide the best product & booking experience possible to our customers. We're looking for an experienced Java developer to contribute to the transformation of our platform into a micro-service architecture. If you enjoy working in a dynamic and fun environment where you can have a direct impact then CheckYeti is your place.
OUR TECHNOLOGY AND WAY OF WORKING
- We work with React, Less, Webpack in the front-end and Grails, Spring in the back-end
- We use different search/storage solutions such as MySQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch and Redis
- For our CI/CD pipeline we use Bamboo, docker, Ansible and AWS
- We work in small release cycles with 2-3 releases a week; we use Kanban as agile methodology and focus on delivering value to the customer
- We interact directly with everyone in the company, from the founders to marketing, business development and customer happiness teams
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Design and implement robust and scalable micro-services that deliver value to the business
- Write integration and unit tests to ensure high quality and well tested features
- Mentor and coach junior developers
- Produce reports using a variety of storage services such as MySQL, ElasticSearch, MongoDB
- Ensure consistent and predictable delivery with a focus on performance, compatibility and security
- Stay on top of current technology trends and monitor the design, performance and advancement of similar products across the online travel/activities booking industry
- 5+ years of Java development experience with at least 2 years using Spring framework
- At least 2 years of experience working with MySQL or similar relational Databases
- Desire to take ownership and ability to thrive on that (taking on responsibility is expected)
- High level of personal commitment and flexibility
- Hands-on team player, active communicator and open for feedback
- Experience with consumer-oriented web products, ideally e-commerce and/or online booking platforms
- Fluency in English is essential (working language), German is an advantage
WHAT WE OFFER
- Exciting role in our core development team with great freedom to initiate and implement own ideas
- An ambitious & experienced team with a clear vision in a fast-growing start-up environment
- Regular team events ("Outdoor Friday" - sledging, skiing, mountain biking, rafting...)
- Based in Vienna (officially the best city on this planet to live in ;)
- Attractive salary + performance-based bonus
Visit www.checkyeti.com for more information about CheckYeti.
Please send your CV incl. a strong letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org.