MSD's Animal Health (MAH) division works to improve the health of animals around the world through collaborative partnerships and a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and planet. This team of energetic, independent thinkers offers one of the industry's most innovative portfolios of products, services, and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species both domestically and internationally.
We are one of the top Animal Health companies in the world, providing a broad product range, with locations in more than 50 countries and marketed products in more than 140 countries. We have a strong network of manufacturing and R&D facilities.
For our recently acquired manufacturing facility in Krems (Austria), we are looking for an IT Site Lead to take responsible for the coordination of IT operations and account management for site business leadership team, ensuring continuous alignment of IT with business goals and providing business enabling solutions in line with IT strategy. Having overall accountability of Site IT operations, the IT Site Lead will ensure proper cooperation with all IT functional teams that are providing services to the site. Furthermore, the IT Site Lead will ensure compliance of all IT projects and activities at the site, smooth operations of utilized IT systems and the delivery of necessary IT assistance to Site employees.
IT Site Lead (Associate Director), Pharmaceutical Manufacturing (m/f)
Responsibilities include but will not be limited to the following main tasks:
- Champion the One IT Operating Model.
- Lead IT hardware and systems implementation at the new site, as well as support projects for the implementation of the different manufacturing platforms
- Ensure and promote collaboration with other IT divisions as well as parts of the MSD business, both locally and globally, to break-down organizational boundaries in favor of a highly-collaborative and customer-centric culture
- Drive continuous improvement and innovation, develop an outside-in view based on cross-industry networking
- Ensure full compliance of functional area IT systems and processes in line with company and applicable regulatory requirements
- Act as IT Single Point of Contact for the site, providing business stakeholders necessary feedback and input for business projects and IT operations
- Define IT capabilities and services required for enablement of site operations and ensure their implementation
- Support site integrated process teams in designing and implementing site production capabilities
- Ensure smooth daily operations of all site IT systems and infrastructure
- Take ownership of business cases creation, gathering business requirements, SDLC documentation, project management and incident management
- Responsibility for site IT budget planning and realization
- Lead the validation process of utilized IT systems, as necessary
- Manage local business analyst(s) to ensure adequate documentation of business requirements and projects management
- Manage vendors of the IT solutions and IT infrastructure
Education and Technical Competencies:
- BSc Degree or equivalent with relevant experience in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of related experience, ideally in supporting pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Demonstrated background knowledge of healthcare manufacturing processes
- Understanding of GxP regulated environment and validation requirements
- Experience with vendor management, diplomacy with strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Lean/Six Sigma literacy
- Demonstrated ability to use knowledge of teams/functions to help complete tasks and projects
- Documented ability to adapt current work processes to meet emerging needs and changes in job responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate new ideas and proposed methods for practicality and ease of implementation
- Proven overall knowledge of Project Management methodologies and tools
- Open communication style that actively acknowledges other thoughts and opinions
- Demonstrated ability to independently solve problems that arise within job responsibilities and expectations
- Demonstrated ability to be accountable for area of responsibility while cooperating with various teams within company
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to coach and manage individuals and teams
- Strategic thinking; proven ability to deliver concise, well developed business cases
- Innovative mindset; proven ability to think out-of-the-box
- Demonstrated pro-activeness; analytical and structured work style
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Fluency in German and English, both verbal and written
Your role at MSD is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At MSD, we're inventing for life.
The minimum annual salary for this position is EUR 61'600 and varies according to the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.