MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where MSD has codified its 125-year legacy. MSD's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
MSD's Animal Health (MAH) division works to improve the health of animals around the world through collaborative partnerships and a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and planet. This team of energetic, independent thinkers offers one of the industry's most innovative portfolios of products, services, and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species both domestically and internationally.
We are one of the top Animal Health companies in the world, providing a broad product range, with locations in more than 50 countries and marketed products in more than 140 countries. We have a strong network of manufacturing and R&D facilities.
For our recently acquired manufacturing facility in Krems (Austria), we are looking for the Site IT Business Analyst to perform the role of gathering and documenting all business requirements at the site. The Site IT Business Analyst will lead the implementation of identified solutions working closely with business teams and IT infrastructure teams, including solutions required for adaptation and integration of assets already existing at the site into standard MSD systems/infrastructure architecture. In this high priority project, you will contribute to the holistic definition of IT business processes for a developing site, ensuring adequate IT capabilities and seamless implementation of IT solutions and tools.
Site IT Business Analyst, Pharmaceutical Manufacturing (Specialist, m/f)
Responsibilities include but will not be limited to the following main tasks:
- Identify and evaluate existing solutions and assets at the manufacturing site and define requirements to integrate those into MSD systems architecture
- Analyze and document required business processes at the manufacturing site and identify solutions considering site specific needs and standard MSD systems architecture
- Develop business cases based on business requirements and manage identified projects, consistently reporting on progress
- Ensure availability of site infrastructure required for identified solutions, working closely with local and regional infrastructure teams
- Develop and maintain required SDLC documentation for implemented solutions
- Advise on regulatory and systems/equipment validation requirements and ensure adherence to those when defining/integrating solutions
Education and Technical Competencies:
- BSc Degree or equivalent with relevant experience in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, Math, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of related experience in supporting manufacturing processes, ideally in the pharmaceutical industry or another highly regulated manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated background knowledge of highly regulated manufacturing processes
- Prior hands on experience in IT compliance matters (systems development life cycle models) as well as demonstrated understanding of appropriate regulatory guidelines (such as GxP)
- Past background knowledge of business processes analysis and business process engineering
- Project management skills and methodologies knowledge
- Lean/Six Sigma literacy
- Demonstrated ability to use knowledge of teams/ functions to help complete tasks and projects
- Documented ability to adapt current work processes to meet emerging needs and changes in job responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate new ideas and proposed methods for practicality and ease of implementation
- Proven skill using an open communication style that actively acknowledges other thoughts and opinions
- Demonstrated ability to independently solve problems that arise within job responsibilities and expectations
- Demonstrated ability to be accountable for area of responsibility while cooperating with various teams within company
- Fluent English and German language skills, both verbal and written
Your role at MSD is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At MSD, we're inventing for life.
The minimum annual salary for this position is EUR 40'000 and varies according to the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.