Customer Solutions Manager (m/f)
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- Optimizes growth and profitability through identifying and executing key business priorities across the product portfolio
- Responsible to translate identified priorities into data driven Customer Solutions which drive mutual benefits to customers and MSD
- Develops the business case for the Customer Solution based on deep customer insights and business priorities
- Drives co-creation and co-implementation of the Customer Solution together with the customer
- Plays the role of a consultant to internal stakeholders and works closely with Marketing & Sales, Medical, Market Access and other functions
- Responsible for the concept/design, approval, project management/execution (incl. budget management), implementation, maintenance and the performance tracking & measurement of Customer Solutions
- Identifies synergies across Brands and Customer segments and actively shares best practices to increase profitability of Customer Solutions
- Gives proactively inputs to the local & regional teams on customers & market and needs
- Secure compliance requirements with highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Works closely with Customer Solution Director, product & franchise teams, the Austrian Leadership team and the regional teams to shape the Customer Solutions strategy
- Develops specific Customer Solutions and defines a strong value propositions for defined customers and account segments based on the principles of customer centricity
- Secures long term access for respective products in the market by developing data driven solutions to generate Outcome Research and Real World Evidence in close collaboration with Market Access
- Aligns country-specific customer needs, strategies and business decisions with global/regional brand strategies/priorities optimizing company performance
Implementation & Execution:
- Oversees and supports the roll-out of Customer Solutions via the relevant stakeholders (brand managers, medicals, key and strategic account managers, customer reps, etc.)
- Works directly with external customers in close collaboration with Brand managers, Medical Affairs, KAMs, Strategic Account Managers (e.g., input fora, advisory boards).
- Secures Customer Solution scale up, endorsement and market penetration through collaboration with relevant customer segments and external stakeholders (e.g. hospitals, physicians, physician associations, payers, etc.)
- Allocates promotion budgets to value added solutions and within approved plan in line with customer centricity principles
- Monitors Customer Solution performance through strong KPIs
- Reports to the Director of Customer Solutions & Support
- Participates actively in and/or leads cross-functional customer teams to develop and implement customer value solutions
Qualifications and Experience:
- Over 3 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry, consultancy (strategic, analytics, customer insight), or for the position a relevant background including over 3 years in health care industry, medical devices or consumer goods.
- Master's degree or equivalence through experience
- Fluency in English and German, both oral and written
Competencies and Leadership Skills:
- Business Acumen - Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the healthcare system, disease management trends and its current and future business implication; has strong analytical skills, identifies opportunities and capitalizes on them through rapid disciplined decision making. Behave as it is their 'own business', Networker, overview, entrepreneur mind set
- Strategic Thinking & consultancy - Identifies opportunities for the MSD business, prioritizes them strategically and commercially, effectively managing competing priorities. Capable of analyzing complex situations with calm and lucidity, eliminating redundant information and retrieving only what is necessary for his activity/objectives.
- Decision Making - Makes informed, fact based decisions to help solve customer issues.
- Adaptability - Adapts willingly and quickly to different challenges and situations. Flexible approach to situations and challenges, seeing them through to completion.
- Team Management & Communication - Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required. Fostering team spirit and collaboration. Strong Personal Leadership capabilities to work across hierarchies & functions.
- Good Presenter, moderator.
- Impact and Implementation - Proven experience of project management, effective organization and delegation with objectives and measurement systems. Demonstrated experience and skill in conducting performance and needs analysis.Ability to summarize and communicate needs and recommendations to management at all levels verbally and in writing.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to work in a regulated & restricted environment In depth knowledge of developing health care trends and industry trends such as Value Based Pricing and innovative contracting
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
MSD offers an attractive salary, outstanding social benefits and an exciting work environment with varied tasks in an international environment. The minimum annual salary for this position is EUR 53'000 and varies according to the qualifications and experience.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
MSD is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at MSD via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of MSD. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by MSD as a result of the referral or through other means..
Merck Sharp & Dohme GesmbH, ARES TOWER, Donau-City-Straße 11, A-1220 Wien, http://www.msd.at