Barracuda Networks offers industry-leading solutions for network security with focus on enterprise firewalling, content security and data storage, protection and disaster recovery.
Senior Escalation Engineer - (m/f)
- Escalation handling for EMEA Support
- Planning and coordination of the support activities and employees in consultation with the EMEA Support Manager
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level Support to Premium Support customers as well as escalation management
- Document, escalate and follow through with product bugs and/or issues
- Excellent and professional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Basic TCP/IP troubleshooting
- Linux command line troubleshooting
- Graduate or equivalent experience
- Previous customer facing job (customer service, support, etc)
- We need candidates with a good technical understanding of one or multiple of the following protocols and systems
- Networking technologies such as TCP/IP, Routing, Proxies, ARP, DHCP
- Application layer technologies including, but not limited to DNS, LDAP, SSL/TLS, SMTP, POP3/IMAP, HTTP/HTTPS
- Basic knowledge of LINUX/UNIX OS including, but not limited to UNIX / LINUX/SUN/BSD/ MAC etc.
- Willingness to dedicate themselves to learning the product
- Intermediate Windows knowledge and support, including Active Directory
- Experience and knowledge with RAID technologies and differences
- Production use of CRM systems, such as Salesforce, Bugzilla, Jira etc.
- Advanced knowledge of common open source apps such as SendMail, postfix, openLDAP, iptables etc.Foreign language fluency a definite plus
Ready for Barracuda? We are looking forward to receiving your online application!
The statutory salary according to Collective Bargaining agreement is EUR 40,000.00 and will be determined based on professional experience.