Grow with us. Support excellent research.
IST Austria is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in the life, physical, and formal sciences, located in Klosterneuburg on the outskirts of Vienna. As employees of the administration and the Scientific Service Units, we strive to support IST Austria's scientists in performing excellent research.
FULL TIME (40h)
The Preclinical Facility offers services for research groups which compete on scientific top level in their fields of Immune biology, Genetics and Neurophysiology with international research groups. Training of scientists, technicians and animal care takers is one of our major tasks. Therefore we are looking for a top motivated and service minded colleague supporting us with her/his skills and likes to work in a challenging, dynamic, growing and international environment. Are you interested in how your future working place may look like? This video provides a bird's eye view of IST Austria.
- Implementation of good veterinarian practice for anesthesia, surgical techniques and animal handling
- Organize courses and trainings for students and scientists at IST Austria
- Training and support of the caretakers and technicians with animal health and welfare issues
- Coordination of the routine health monitoring program
- Administrative support with ethical applications and "Tierversuchsstatistik"
- Support the PCF apprentice program for the education of Animal Care Taker
- MSc or PhD in Veterinarian Science
- Proven experience in work with laboratory rodents
- Experience in breeding and maintenance of transgenic mice
- Experience with the organization of daily routines in a facility for laboratory rodents is mandatory
- Very good computer skills, especially with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience in leading a team of animal care takers is advantageous but not mandatory
- Very good command of English and German
- Team player with excellent communication and organisation skills
- Offers a challenging position in a dynamic and growing organization
- Supports learning and development
- Provides flexible working times and numerous fringe benefits
- Promotes an international and open culture
- Supports an appreciative and respectful work environment
- Values diversity and is committed to equality
- Free Shuttlebus for employees (Departing from Heiligenstadt, travel time: about 22 min.)
To apply for this position send your application in one combined pdf (including CV, certificates and references) by e-mail to:
Mag. Gabriele Buchner-Kranzl
We offer a minimum salary of EUR 3.650 gross/month (14x/year), with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience.
Institute of Science and Technology Austria | Am Campus 1 | 3400 Klosterneuburg | +43 (0)2243/9000 0 | http://www.ist.ac.at