We're experts in the world's fastest growing sector - globe shopping, where consumers from one country shop in another. We introduced the world to Tax Free Shopping over 35 years ago, but now offer a range of great services to help travellers shop and spend wisely in 51 countries around the world. In addition to the world's leading Tax Free Shopping network, we've created awesome products like Currency Choice, a Dynamic Currency Conversion service enabling travellers to pay in their home currency when spending abroad. We work with over 300,000 stores around the world , helping businesses engage with globe shoppers. We also provide data and intelligence to help our merchant partners better understand the behaviour of travellers from around the globe. We're headquartered in Eysins, Switzerland, but with offices all over the globe, we're a truly international team.
Payment Services Accounting Analyst
Nature and aim of the position
The holder of this position is responsible for the day-to-day recording of accounting transactions in the company's financial systems, perform monthly reconciliations and will take part in the month-end and year-end closing process.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Take ownership and execute timely the daily, weekly and monthly tasks based on the manuals assigned
- Complete monthly accounting reconciliations for balance sheet accounts assigned
- Perform analysis on historical financial data, perform corrections where needed
- Establish contacts and communicate effectively with the operations team
- Participate in process improvement projects
- Propose changes to processes, drive automation and efficiency for the tasks assigned
- Take ownership of manuals assigned and update these as processes change
- Support the team leader and the management team in queries, investigations
- Keep all documents, reconciliation files, journals in an audit-ready state at all times
- Prioritize Audit and Group Consolidation questions or initiatives over daily work
- Actively participate in the monthly reporting process
- Address IT issues timely through the relevant channels in a timely manner
- Execute on the backup plan, shadow and be up-to-date on the tasks backed up
- Actively participate in team meetings, meetings with other functions
Reporting and collaboration
The Payment Services Accounting Analyst reports directly to the Payment Services Accounting Team Leader. The position requires close collaboration within the Payment Services Accounting Team, other Accounting teams within the Shared Service Center, the IT team, System Analysts and the Operations team.
Profile and education
- BA in Finance, Accounting or an equivalent degree Advanced Excel knowledge
- Good analytical skills, being able to work with a large amount of financial data and to present findings in a user-friendly way
- Excellent communication skills, especially when working with different target groups within an international environment.
- Good English language skills (oral & written).
- Proactive, Independent, goal-oriented and self-motivating personality.
- Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workload.
Specific skills and knowledge
- Minimum 3 years of practical experience in managing business applications, in an international environment.
- Proven ability to work in a matrix organization with teams distributed in different time zones
Global Blue offers attractive, competitive and performance related compensation packages for all offered position, the individual package of fixed and variable parts are offered to the respective candidate on an individual level. Due to the legal regulation of federal Austrian law, Global Blue is obliged to state a mandatory minimum for this a position of 26.719,98 EUR.