We're experts in the world's fastest growing sector - globe shopping, where consumers from one country shop in another. We introduced the world to Tax Free Shopping over 35 years ago, but now offer a range of great services to help travellers shop and spend wisely in 51 countries around the world. In addition to the world's leading Tax Free Shopping network, we've created awesome products like Currency Choice, a Dynamic Currency Conversion service enabling travellers to pay in their home currency when spending abroad. We work with over 300,000 stores around the world , helping businesses engage with globe shoppers. We also provide data and intelligence to help our merchant partners better understand the behaviour of travellers from around the globe. We're headquartered in Eysins, Switzerland, but with offices all over the globe, we're a truly international team.
Software Developer (JAVA)
You have the passion to generate and write clean code? In this position, you will be responsible for the development and support of Java projects and applications with highest quality and commitment through the entire Software Development Lifecycle. This highly responsible role involves offering state of the art technology solutions that will drive forward Global Blue's Tax Free Shopping and Currency Choice product offerings. You will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology in an agile environment for the market leader in its industry.
- Design, develop, test, support and deploy custom desktop, web and service applications
- Research and evaluate software related technologies and products.
- Implement best practices, standards and procedures including quality and delivery methodologies and ensure compliance with the documented software processes and procedures throughout the life cycle of software products.
- Work in an agile Team setup together with PM and QA
- Coordinate with enterprise architects, development leads and product managers to determine appropriate functionalities and implementation.
- Take an active role in improvement endeavours
Experience and Education
- University graduate / bachelor's degree in technology-related field (e.g. computer science, MIS, etc.) or technical education.
- Minimum 2 - 4 years of experience in a professional software development work environment
- Excellent understanding of OOP concepts and principles and JAVA programming language skills
- Knowledge about DataFlex programming language or willingness to learn it
- Preparedness to develop, maintain and modernize legacy software applications
- Hands-on experience within agile software development methodologies in a multi-division processing company (international experience a strong plus)
- In-depth experience designing API's (SOAP / REST) and implementing services based on it
- Experience with Testing and CI; TDD, automated unit/functional/integration testing
- Strong understanding of Software Design Patterns and Enterprise Design Patterns, MS SQL Server skills or similar, especially in performance related areas and understanding of agile development methodologies (ideally SCRUM)
- Strong English language skills (oral and written) in routine, technology-related work settings
- Know-how about Pervasive Database (PSQL)
- Experience in development of single page web applications
- Knowledge about .NET/C# programing language/framework
- Independent and self-motivated personality
- Excellent team player
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent command of English in spoken and written form
- Enjoys working in a multi-cultural environment
- Willingness to travel (max 10%)
- Work in fast growing international company
- Most state of the art office environment
- Development and potential to grow
- Multi-cultural environment
- Inspiring colleagues from many different countries
- Employee referral program
- Teambuilding, Team events, Christmas Party
Global Blue offers attractive, competitive and performance related compensation packages for all offered position, the individual package of fixed and variable parts are offered to the respective candidate on an individual level. Due to the legal regulation of federal Austrian law, Global Blue is obliged to state a mandatory minimum for this a position of 28.467,88 EUR.