EBG MedAustron GmbH is a state-of-the-art centre for ion beam therapy and research in Wiener Neustadt, Austria, where patients are treated with proton and carbon ion radiation.
Heart of the centre is a synchrotron that produces the particle beam for the ion cancer treatments. Experts of many different fields work together to build and operate the accelerator. The Controls Group is responsible for the design, implementation, improvement and maintenance of a vertically integrated accelerator control system, the safety interlock system, and software to facilitate the commissioning and operation of the MedAustron accelerator complex.
You can become part of the multi-national Controls team as a
Junior C# Developer (m/f)
30 - 40 hours weekly
Your tasks in this position include:
- Support in the development of programs to support beam commissioning using an in-house developed C# framework
- Maintain and improve existing software packages
- Assist with completion and testing of large scale integration projects
- Support the team in maintaining and improving an existing relational database
- Contribute to the beam commissioning of the accelerator complex, including a synchrotron and beam transfer lines
- Participation in the commissioning and operation of the accelerator (which requires on-call support and shift work 24/7 up to approx. 10%)
To succeed in this versatile position you will need to be a Engineer with:
- Ongoing or finished academic studies in Software Engineering or similar
- First experience and/or knowledge within the following fields are a plus: C# programming, Design patterns, WPF MVVM, XML
- Ideally knowledge of Version Control Systems (SVN)
- Experience in Oracle DBMS, C++ and Linux driver development is an advantage
If you are also:
- Fluent in verbal and written communication in English
- Reliable, proactive and "hands-on"
- Working accurately and attentive
- A team-worker and problem solver
then get in touch with us today!
For this position, a minimum remuneration of EUR 28,000 gross p.a. is offered for a full-time employment, with the opportunity for a higher salary based on qualification and experience.
Please submit your complete online application (CV, application letter, references enclosed).