Marketing and Community Manager in Technology Startup (m/w)
We are Boston based startup building productivity software for students and researchers. Our user base is growing fast around the globe with tens of thousands of academics relying on Paperpile to organize and write scientific articles.
We are a distributed team in the US and Europe and want to grow our team in Austria.
- You communicate and engage with our users and help them getting the most out our product.
- You communicate and build lasting relationships with our institutional customers (universities, research institutes, hospitals, ...).
- You represent and build our brand in public via social media, our blog and our mailing list.
- You plan and execute online marketing campaigns and monitor their success.
- You create content and resources in the field of research, education, academic publishing, libraries...
- You create engaging product documentation, teaching materials, presentations, landing pages, ...
- You collaborate with external writers and designers
- You organize and attend international meetings and trade-shows.
- You take over some crucial administrative and business tasks and assist the executive team (e.g. manage financial and customer data, send price quotes and invoices to institutional customers, organize travels, ...)
- University degree (not necessarily in business or marketing, our product is for academics from all fields so we welcome applicants with any background).
- Strong writing skills, perfect English.
- Enthusiasm for web-technologies and the academic community.
- Fundamental knowledge of modern online marketing.
- You work independently, take care of your regular tasks reliably, and finish projects on time.
Optional but very helpful
- Quantitative skills (e.g. advanced data analytics, programming, ...)
- Visual and design skills.
- Domain knowledge or work experience in EdTech, academic publishing, library science or research in general.
- Work with an interesting and diverse community of academics. Our customers use Paperpile to study climate change, cancer or medieval history.
- As part of a young team everything you do matters. Your work has a big impact on the success of our product and our business.
- Learn and grow on the job. Attend conferences and seminars and try out new things every day.
- We are a distributed team. Work from anywhere on your own schedule. Meet with the Austrian team in person in Linz or Vienna.
- Competitive salary starting at Euro 36,000/year depending on your experience and skills.
To apply please fill out our application form
Paperpile LLC, 28 Glenwood Ave #2 Cambridge, MA 02139, USA and Capistrang. 4/18 1060 Wien, Austria
For any additional questions contact Dr. Stefan Washietl at email@example.com
Please make sure you have filled out the application form ("Jetzt bewerben") first. We look forward to your application!