Share this Job
FEA Lead Engineer (M/F)
Apply now » Apply now
Location: Saint-Ouen, J, FR
The Railway industry today is characterized by both a strong and sustained growth across the world. The trends that drive this are well known: environmental challenges, population growth, urbanization and increasing demands for mobility.
With 6BEUR of Sales and around 30,000 employees based in over 60 countries, Alstom develop & market the most complete range of systems, equipment and services offered today in the railway sector. Today we offer our customers solutions that feature a seamless blend of diverse technologies, ensuring optimal interfaces, along with flexible implementation and real synergy in innovation.
Within Central Engineering, in the Train Design Department, we are looking for 1 Structural Calculations Manager (Finite Element Analysis(FEA) Lead Engineer).
Purpose of the Job
- Managing the calculation discipline with activities and deliverables in compliance with QCD commitments.
- Planning and piloting Mechanical Domain activities and related deliverables on project taking into account applicable instructions/processes and other specific Customer (internal or external) requirements.
- Ensuring Mechanical Domain deliverables quality and their acceptance by the Customer (internal or external) within committed limits.
- Reporting on Mechanical Domain activities progress and alerting relevant N+1 in case of issue potentially impacting achievement of QCD commitments.
- Defining requirements and mechanical interfaces to equipments (Allocated volume, weight, location, 3PL, etc.).
- Monitoring assigned Mechanical Sub-Systems deliveries conformity with project needs.
- Checking availability on time of workpackage input data and escalate if necessary.
- Checking supplier's and sub-contractor's Design Quality
- Hierarchical Reporting: (Site) Mechanical Domain Leader (MDL)
- Functional Reporting: Mechanical Lead Engineer (MLE) and TDE on Projects or BTM and MLE on Tenders.
Responsible for :
- Planning and piloting calculation discipline activities and related deliverables on project taking into account applicable instructions/processes and other specific Customer (internal or external) requirements.
- Applying discipline rules, processes and tools and ensuring discipline calculation deliverables quality and their acceptance by the Customer (internal or external) within committed limits.
- Suggesting design improvements of calculated parts and risk associated
- Preparing and documenting calculation discipline Reviews according to project schedule and following-up the main open actions.
- Reporting on calculation discipline activities progress and alerting relevant N+1 in case of issue potentially impacting achievement of QCD commitments.
- Managing calculation discipline FEA engineers on Project (internal or external).
- Producing FEA validation plan deliverables
Contributor for :
- Defining mitigation plans covering a risk identified on Project Mechanical (multi-domains)
- Perform quotation of engineering workpackage , upon request
- Defining Project Mechanical Decomposition (PBS)
- Defining Mechanical Project/Product Prefered Part List (3PL) delivery.
- Supporting Sourcing, Industrialization and Manufacturing teams during Production ramp-up.
- Collaborating with MDL for continuous improvement of the Domain (including RoE)
- Defining Mechanical Domain architecture taking into account weight, gauge, installation strategy, acoustics, eco design, ergonomics, aerodynamics, aeraulics…
- Establishing Certification & Validation Plans for TD scope.
- Mechanical Engineering preferably applied to Railway products with 2 to 3 years of experience.
- Good Communications and interpersonal skills including with third parties (customer).
- Time management and reporting skill.
- Sense of urgency / priority.
- Customer & Product Focus.
- Structured and organised with Hands-on approach.
- English operational in read/writing and technical meetings.
Why Work for Us? At Alstom we offer you the opportunity to unleash your potential and reinvent yourself. As a future employee, you will have a unique opportunity to drive our organization forward, while continuing to build your career and contribute to the expanding growth of the global railway industry.
More about Alstom http://www.alstom.com
Job Type: Experienced
Apply now » Apply now
Find similar jobs: