We're experts in the world's fastest growing sector - globe shopping, where consumers from one country shop in another. We introduced the world to Tax Free Shopping over 30 years ago, but now offer a range of great services to help travellers shop and spend wisely in 43 countries around the world. We work with over 270,000 of the world's favourite brands, helping businesses engage with globe shoppers. Our IT headquarter is located in Vienna and we do have offices all over the globe, we're a truly international team.
Senior Data Warehouse QA Engineer
In this position as Senior QA Data Warehouse Tester, you will be responsible for testing of our business intelligence and reporting solutions in our Data Team. This highly responsible role involves offering state of the art technology solutions that will drive forward Global Blue's Tax Free Shopping and Currency Choice product offerings. You will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology in an agile environment for the market leader in its industry.
- Testing of our Business Intelligence and reporting solution.
- Testing of MS SQL Server SSIS packages and stored procedures
- Test reports developed in Microstrategy and Tableau BI software platforms.
- Understand DW modelling techniques to ensure quality to meet best practice and performance expectations.
- Coordinate with the team, the QA organization, the Product Owner and other stakeholders
- Provide reasonable quality information and test reporting on the system under test
- Review incoming test basis artefacts (eg. User stories, specs, etc.) for readiness, verifiability and other quality criteria, including DoR
- Create, maintain and execute manual tests based on test basis artefacts according to the general test strategy. These tests concern functional as well as non-functional criteria of the system under test.
- Create and maintain needed test data.
- Take an active role in improvement endeavours.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong experience with SQL Server.
- Solid understanding of SQL, stored procedures, database triggers, views and other database manipulation languages/methods.
- Solid understanding of data consolidation, data acquisition, ETL, SSIS, SQL IDEs and/or business intelligence solutions.
- Working knowledge of conceptual, logical, and physical data modeling; dimensional modeling preferred.
- Experience or willing to learn Microstrategy and Tableau BI software platforms.
- Solid understanding of review and testing processes
- ISTQB certification
- 5+ years of experience in testing or development, at least 2 years experience in testing/ test management
- Experience working in the Financial Industry is a definite asset
- Ability to adhere to work plans and track assignments with minimal guidance
- Independent and self-motivated personality
- Excellent team player
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent command of English in spoken and written form
- Enjoys working in a multi-cultural environment
- Work in fast growing international company
- Most state of the art office environment
- Development and potential to grow
- Multi-cultural environment
- Inspiring colleagues from many different countries
- Employee referral program
- Employee suggestion program
- Teambuilding, Team events, Christmas Party
Global Blue guarantees a competitive and performance-related salary depending on your professional and personal qualifications. As required by Austrian federal law we hereby state, that the legal annual minimum compensation according to the Austrian collective agreement amounts to EUR 37.676,10, however the total compensation is a subject of individual agreement.