We're experts in the world's fastest growing sector - globe shopping, where consumers from one country shop in another. We introduced the world to Tax Free Shopping over 30 years ago, but now offer a range of great services to help travellers shop and spend wisely in 43 countries around the world. We work with over 270,000 of the world's favourite brands, helping businesses engage with globe shoppers. Our IT headquarter is located in Vienna and we do have offices all over the globe, we're a truly international team.
Senior QA Engineer - REX
The holder of this position will be responsible for the creation, maintenance and execution of quality ensuring and promoting measures like reviews and tests.
Reporting to Manager Software Quality Assurance Europe the successful candidate will be part of a team and contribute his/her efforts towards the goals set forth for the team in alignment with the guidelines and quality and test strategy set forth by the QA organization. He/she will continuously focus on the quality of the products the team produces as well as the overall functioning of the systems and processes of Global Blue.
The successful candidate will carry out the duties and take over the responsibilities laid out below for the products and assigned components.
- Review incoming test basis artefacts (eg. user stories, specs, etc.) for readiness, verifiability and other quality criteria, including DoR.
- Create, maintain and execute manual and automated tests based on test basis artefacts based on the general test and the test automation strategy. These tests concern functional as well as non-functional (quality) criteria of the systems under test.
- Create and maintain test data.
- Become and stay an expert in the setup, configuration and usage of the systems to be tested.
- Perform deployments for testing purposes.
- Understand the business processes and business needs supported by the System under test in a way to perform reasonable exploratory testing.
- Provide reasonable quality information and test reporting on the system under test.
- Coordinate with the team, the QA organisation, the Product Owner and other stakeholders
- Appropriate reporting.
- Perform test planning and test management tasks.
- Take an active role in improvement endeavours
- Mentor and coach colleagues.
- Advise and coach POs and other stakeholders on quality related topics.
Experience and Education
- University Degree in IT or technology related field (or an equivalent working experience)
- English language - fluent written and spoken
- 5+ years of experience in testing or development, at least 2 years' experience in testing/ test management
- Solid understanding of review and testing processes
- Scripting / programming knowledge
- Knowledge of Windows .NET or Java technology stack
- IT administration knowledge
- Non-functional Testing knowledge
- Knowledge of testing frameworks is an asset
- Test automation know how
- ISTQB advanced level certification
- Additional proof of continued education and experience (e.g. conference talks, artefacts from earlier projects, open source project involvement etc.)
- Additional know how in other quality related areas (eg. Requirements engineering, experience as PO, communication or moderator training etc.)
- Willingness to travel to Vienna (max 25%)
- Analytical and pragmatic at the same time in defining and efficient processes and solutions
- Good listener
- Independent and self-motivated personality
- Enjoys working in a multi-cultural environment
- Flexible and ingenuous
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to present ideas clearly and concisely
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Mentoring and coaching skills
- Work in fast growing international company
- Development and potential to grow
- Language Courses
- Employee referral program
- Teambuilding, Team events, Christmas party
- "Fruit day"
Global Blue guarantees a competitive and performance-related salary depending on your professional and personal qualifications. As required by Austrian federal law we hereby state, that the legal annual minimum compensation according to the Austrian collective agreement amounts to EUR 35.496,58, however the total compensation is a subject of individual agreement.