For our Threat & Vulnerability Management team in Vienna we are looking for a
Threat & Forensic Security Specialist (m/f)
The team sits within Global Security and is responsible for the identification and management of all threats and vulnerabilities within Liberty Global and its subsidiaries.
The purpose of the role is twofold: Understand attackers' targets, build a picture of the attackers' goals and strategies and then store this information in a central database for automatic prevention. In addition, provide the Global Security Operation Centre with patterns of behavior and indications of compromise from in-depth forensics of network & mobile devices, malware & packet captures, while working with the threat modelling team to grow the Indicator of compromise database.
- Run a threat intelligence platform that can store cyber threat intelligence idioms such as threat actors, exploit targets from disparate sources, devices, communities and industries in a structured & standardized way
- Define uses cases that will improve security incident response time by early detection and prevention of exploits within Liberty Global
- Perform forensic collections of data and conduct detailed forensic analysis tasks such as production of forensic images and reports
- Incident Response - Provide real time forensic capability to assist with high profile incidents that require in-depth investigation to identify root cause
- Writing Root Cause Analysis for Security Incidents
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in computer science or mathematics (or equivalent years of experience)
- Demonstrable understanding of common APT actors and cyber criminals tools, as well as knowledge of how security controls are circumvented by malicious actors
- Minimum of one year experience in systems administration, networking or security operations plus at least two years of experience in cyber intelligence analysis
- Experience of working in a CERT environment and any Cyber Qualifications such as SANS GIAC qualifications
- Knowledge of how to present findings and to make recommendations at a senior management level and of how to interact with staff in both technical and business roles
- Fluency in English (speaking and writing), additional language skills such as Dutch, German are an asset
We offer you:
- An interesting and diversified position
- Opportunity of further developing your career within our organization
- Various fringe benefits such as jobticket/travel expense allowance, UPC products and partner companies discounts, pension fund, health program and much more
- A salary starting at EUR 43.417,08 - the actual salary is depending on qualification and experience
Please send us an English version of your motivational letter and CV to apply for this job.