"I believe that continuous development is the most important step to a successful career."
So do we.
Working at Erste Group means pursuing a common goal and being enthusiastic about shared values. We always treat one another with respect, empathy, and understanding for our diverse backgrounds. This applies to our customers as well as to our employees.
Banking Book Risk Manager (m/f)
Erste Group was founded in 1819 as the first Austrian savings bank and today it is one of the largest banking groups in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE). As an attractive employer, Erste Group offers interesting career opportunities in an international environment.
Banking Book Risk Management is responsible for the Group wide governance of market and liquidity risk in the banking book. This includes the identification, measurement and controlling of market and liquidity risk as well as setting, controlling and monitoring of Group wide risk limits. Furthermore it is responsible for group wide liquidity and market risk reporting and related projects. In this function the department assures regulatory compliance as well as effective internal risk reporting to senior management and operative Units.
- ensure Group wide regulatory and internal market and liquidity risk reporting and continuously improve existing methods and processes to satisfy regulatory as well as business needs
- analyze the market and liquidity risk position of the Group units, monitor limits, escalate limit breaches and decide and monitor mitigation measures
- contribute to the development of Group wide risk strategies and optimization of the risk/return profile
- prepare profound basis for strategic decision making for senior management and respective committees
- act as counterpart for local liquidity and market risk managers in Austria and CEE
- contribute to the development of a state-of-the-art Liquidity Risk Management System General purpose of the job
- hold a University degree with specialization in Finance / Banking or a similar education
- have a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in Risk Management / Risk Controlling / Treasury / ALM with excellent knowledge of money market, capital market and banking products incl. modelling, valuation, risk measurement etc.
- have excellent IT skills in Excel, databases, SQL and OLAP
- have eagerness to solve challenging and complex tasks utilizing your excellent analytical skills
- are a proactive and cooperative personality dedicated to innovation and result-orientation
- have excellent communication skills in writing and verbally at all levels
- are business fluent in English, German or a Central European language is an additional asset
- offer a great opportunity to join a highly skilled, dynamic and multicultural team and to contribute to the further development of one of the key risk functions in banking
- support your professional and personal development
- guarantee a competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications. We are obliged by law to quote the minimum wage of EUR 32.245,-- gross per year for this position, in accordance with the respective collective Agreement.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Degree of Employment: Full-Time
Primary Location: Vienna
Follow us on: