We're experts in the world's fastest growing sector - globe shopping, where consumers from one country shop in another. We introduced the world to Tax Free Shopping over 30 years ago, but now offer a range of great services to help travellers shop and spend wisely in 43 countries around the world. We work with over 270,000 of the world's favourite brands, helping businesses engage with globe shoppers. Our IT headquarter is located in Vienna and we do have offices all over the globe, we're a truly international team.
Senior / Lead Developer (.NET)
Nature and aim of the position
We are looking for a Senior Developer who will be responsible for developing and maintaining our PoS SDK for Windows, Web, IOS and Android platform.
The ideal candidate should have certain experience in App-to-App communication on Windows, Web, IOS and Android platform.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle including requirements analysis, design, implementation, testing, and support
- Coordinate with Enterprise Architects, Development teams and Product Managers to determine appropriate functionalities and implementation
- Take an active role in improvement endeavours
- Mentor and coach colleagues
- Consulting with IT-teams of our customers to understand their needs and adapt the solution to their environments
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
Reporting and collaboration
- The holder of the position reports solid-line to VP Engineering
Preferable skills and competencies
- Deep understanding of the .NET development ecosystem including tools, frameworks and best practices
- Experience in development and maintaining API's like ActiveX/COM, REST/JSON
- Experience with Inter-App Communication including technologies like Custom URL and Intent
- Experience in developing Applications in the Point of Sale environment
- Solid understanding of IT infrastructure/equipment typically available at a Point-of-sale
- Experience with Agile development
- Strong understanding of software development practices, debugging, unit/integration testing, behavioural testing, version control (SVN), and ALM tools (JIRA)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong sense of ownership and hands-on mentality
- Very good collaboration and communication skills
Education and qualifications
- At least 5+ working experience in Windows development (preferably in WPF), Web services and related technology
- At least 3+ working experience in Mobile development: preferably in Xamarin
Global Blue guarantees a competitive and performance-related salary depending on your professional and personal qualifications. As required by Austrian federal law we hereby state, that the legal annual minimum compensation according to the Austrian collective agreement amounts to EUR 35.496,58, however, the total compensation is a subject of individual agreement.