We're experts in the world's fastest growing sector - globe shopping, where consumers from one country shop in another. We introduced the world to Tax Free Shopping over 30 years ago, but now offer a range of great services to help travellers shop and spend wisely in 43 countries around the world. We work with over 270,000 of the world's favourite brands, helping businesses engage with globe shoppers. Our IT headquarter is located in Vienna and we do have offices all over the globe, we're a truly international team.
Senior QA Engineer / Test Automation Engineer
The holder of this position will be responsible for the creation, maintenance and execution of automated quality measures for the applications assigned.
Reporting to Development Team Lead the successful candidate will be part of a young and dynamic team and contribute his/her efforts towards the goal of building up and maintaining a test automation framework in alignment with the guidelines and test strategy set by the QA organization.
He/she will continuously focus on the quality of the products the team produces as well as the overall functioning of the systems and processes of Global Blue.
- Review (partly) existing automation solution and define a concept to extend and improve it
- Evaluate available tools and solutions for Test Automation and decide on a futureproof framework setup
- Build up Test Automation Framework in accordance to Global Blue tool landscape
- Ensure maintainability of the automation framework with low efforts
- Create automated test cases based on provided test case descriptions from the team
- Mentor and coach colleagues on writing/maintaining automated test cases
- Integrate the automation solution with the test management tool to ease the handling of manual and automated test results
- Build up automated regression test runs for all applications to reduce manual efforts for the team
- Implement a concept for test data creation and maintenance required for the automated test cases
- Review incoming test basis artefacts (eg. user stories, specs, test cases, etc) for readiness, verifiability and other quality criteria, including DoR.
- Support the team with manual test execution if required at peak times
- Become and stay an expert in the setup, configuration and usage of the systems to be tested.
- Perform deployments for testing purposes
- Coordinate with the team, the QA organization, the Product Owner and other stakeholders
- Take an active role in improvement endeavors
Experience and Education
- University Degree in IT or technology related field (or an equivalent working experience)
- English language - fluent written and spoken
- 5+ years of experience in testing and/or development
- Knowledge and proven experience of test automation frameworks is expected
- Basic understanding of review and testing processes
- ISTQB FL Certification is a plus
- Programming language / framework / tool knowledge:
- Ready API
- IT administration knowledge related to the following products:
- Windows Server
- SQL Server
- Internet Information Services
- Apache Tomcat
- Analytical and pragmatic at the same time in defining efficient processes and solutions
- Good listener
- Independent and self-motivated personality
- Enjoys working in a multi-cultural environment
- Flexible and ingenuous
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to present ideas clearly and concisely
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Mentoring and coaching skills
- Work in fast growing international company
- Development and potential to grow
- Language Courses
- Employee referral program
- Teambuilding, Team events, Christmas party
Global Blue guarantees a competitive and performance-related salary depending on your professional and personal qualifications. As required by Austrian federal law we hereby state, that the legal annual minimum compensation according to the Austrian collective agreement amounts to EUR 37.676,10, however, the total compensation is a subject of individual agreement.