As fully-owned subsidiary of Erste Group Bank AG, Erste Asset Management GmbH coordinates and is responsible for all asset management activities of the Group. More than 300 employees develop and manage investment solutions for our investors. In total we currently manage assets of about EUR 60bn Euro across 6 different countries.
Intern - Research Steering / Administration
(six months, 20-38,5h/week)
As an Intern working on Research Steering / Administration you will be part of Erste AM's Equity team and report directly to the Head of Equities and Chief Equity Strategist. This role is a perfect first step to break into the ever more demanding regulatory part of the financial services industry. You will gain valuable knowledge on regulatory developments like UCITS V/VI and MiFID II and their impact on handling broker (and independent) research. You will work on the following tasks:
Research steering process
- Working with internal departments (Investment Division, Legal, Compliance, Finance) and external vendors/brokers to co-ordinate and streamline the research steering and budgeting process
- Automating manual processes wherever possible, using VBA/programming macros
- Re-engineering and updating of existing tools used to manage the research budget
Onboarding of vendors/brokers
- Accurate drafting, negotiation and co-ordination of contractual documentation with brokers
- Ensuring that the appropriate contracting process is followed for all contract processing
- Support fund managers in research tracking in Excel and Bloomberg
All tasks require a high degree of interaction with the front, middle and back office - you need to build close relationships across the firm.
- have a Bachelor's degree in finance, law or technical degree with focus on finance
- have excellent Microsoft Office skills (VBA programming (!), functions & formulas)
- have analytical capability and a precise style of working
- have strong communication skills and adapt quickly to new challenges
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and German
- experience supporting the implementation of projects relating to regulatory changes is a plus
- a friendly, respectful and innovative working environment within Austria's largest asset management company situated in six CEE countries
- chance to gain hands-on experience in managing EAM's Investment Division
- a guaranteed fulltime-salary of EUR 1.450,-- gross per month
Did we raise your interest?
Please send your full application with a CV and cover letter until March 23rd exclusively through our website www.erste-am.at/karriere