Product Area Underground Drilling within Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology (SMRT) has end-to-end responsibility for product management, new product development (including engineering, manufacturing and supply chain), product marketing and technical sales support for Underground Drills in mining and tunneling.
Global Key Supplier Manager (f/m)
The Sourcing team is now looking for an experienced Global Key Supplier Manager for Hydraulic suppliers, located preferable close to one of SMRT key production units like in Finland (Tampere or Turku), France (Lyon), Sweden (Svedala) or Austria (Zeltweg).
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
You will work as a Global Key Supplier Manager leading the strategic supplier accounts within the hydraulics category maintaining following tasks:
- Manage and lead negotiations for the strategic suppliers globally.
- Being global contact person for all relevant stakeholders for the chosen supplier accounts managing their requirements on global level together with your counter parts in suppliers.
- Develop these global suppliers through supplier performance scorecards and supplier performance reviews. Reach out to stake holders in local sites to align on performance situation and escalation needs.
- Establish relationships with other functions (e.g. engineering, operations, marketing, quality) to ensure understanding and support of strategic sourcing perspective to key processes.
- Manage compliance in maintaining of global and local contracts with your suppliers.
- Identify and manage implementation of savings projects globally to optimize total cost of ownership for your accounts.
- Work proactively on capacity monitoring to ensure a sufficient level of lead times and avoid bottle necks.
- Secure annual productivity improvements with suppliers pursuing cost reduction opportunities in alignment with the sourcing approach (e.g. lowering inventory levels, increasing yields, improving supplier operations, volume consolidation, etc.).
- Drive actively implementation of supply chain financing to improve payment terms.
- Monitor global supply markets, interpret market intelligence and develop supplier profiles for key suppliers.
- Working with relevant supplier accounts to improve content of branded items according to Sandvik Parts Branding Guideline.
- Together with Technology Sourcing proactively develop and approve alternatives to current brand related solutions (facilitate change of branded solutions in New Product Development Projects).
- Continuously update and manage sourcing information in SRM (Supplier Relation Management) tool, and other company system according to policies and procedures.
- Drive special projects within the hydraulics category as a project manager if global approach towards supplier base is required.
You have a degree in Engineering or Economics, either at Master's or Bachelor's level. You have outstanding analytical skills. An active, self-driven, highly independent working style is key as well having extended interpersonal, communication and intercultural networking skills. Willingness to extensive travel globally up to 50% and fluency in English (both written and spoken) as well 5 years' experience in sourcing are prerequisites for the job. Experience in category management or other sourcing related functions would be an add on.
WE ARE OFFERING
- A high-level position and opportunity to show your competence in managing global strategic suppliers and working various stakeholders across the business area SMRT.
- As required by Austrian federal law we hereby state, that the legal minimum salary according to the Austrian collective agreement amounts to EUR 3.259,67 gross per month, depending on qualification and experience we offer an adequate overpayment.
Please apply via Online Tool on www.sandvik.com/careers Job Reference No. 358028. Please send your application and CV including your salary request. For further information, please contact Human Resources at Tel. +43 3577 755 219.
Read about Sandvik at
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology (SMRT) is a business area in the Sandvik Group and a leading supplier of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry, and our operations and organizations are spread around the globe. We offer you a world of opportunities and our diverse businesses and cross-border networks enable you to explore your potential and thrive.