Grow with us. Support excellent research.
IST Austria is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in the life, physical, and formal sciences, located in Klosterneuburg on the outskirts of Vienna. As employees of the administration and the Scientific Service Units, we strive to support IST Austria's scientists in performing excellent research.
Scientific Computing Specialist (f/m)
Scientific Computing at IST Austria works closely with our scientists to provide support in the transition of scientific problems into computing solutions. In addition, Scientific Computing provides the infrastructure for running such computations in the form of an HPC cluster to the institute. If you want to support basic research and solve challenging requests from top scientists in their field, apply for this interesting position.
- Provide expertise in designing, implementation, running and user support for our high performance computational environment
- Provide optimizing and programming support for HPC environments
- Stay up to date with international and national developments in the HPC community
- Monitor systems, networks and security in our HPC environment
- Provide end user documentation and training
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related technical discipline
- Acquainted with the installation/setup, upgrades, configuration changes and other requirements for implementing and maintaining HPC systems
- Experience with Linux system administration and IT automation
- Familiarity with scientific tools and programming languages like Python, Matlab, C, C++
- Experience with job scheduling and resource management tools (especially SLURM, but PBS and SGE are also fine)
- Experience with MPI, OpenMP, CUDA and similar libraries is a plus
- Some knowledge of TensorFlow, linear algebra libraries and other scientific libraries and methods is very welcome
- Experience with HPC network architecture such as InfiniBand is of advantage
- Good communication skills and good command of English
- Offers challenging positions in a dynamic and growing organization
- Supports learning and development
- Provides flexible working times and numerous fringe benefits
- Promotes an international and open culture
- Supports an appreciative and respectful work environment
- Values diversity and is committed to equality
- Free Shuttlebus for employees (Departing from Heiligenstadt, travel time: about 22 min.)
To apply for this position send your application in one combined pdf (including CV and certificates) by e-mail to:
Are you interested in how your future working place may look like? This video provides a bird's eye view of IST Austria. We offer a minimum salary of EUR 47,000 gross/year, with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience.
Institute of Science and Technology Austria | Am Campus 1 | 3400 Klosterneuburg | +43 (0)2243/9000 0 | www.ist.ac.at