MARKTGURU - Senior Android Developer (m/w)
marktguru is a location-based service helping users to find offers, leaflets, brochures, stores and opening hours in the vicinity of the user's geolocation. Furthermore, the user has the chance to save real money on his in-store or online purchases by using marktguru cashback deals.
As a part of one of the leading media companies worldwide the ProSiebenSat.1 Media SE marktguru is in the position to create a large user base with the help of TV-commercials on 6 different TV-channels and a leading online platform portfolio. If you would like to join an energetic and highly motivated team and work in a dynamic, high-energy, high-growth field where you can make a real impact and influence the product every single day then join us and become a part of marktguru.
Check out our webapp: www.marktguru.de (soon also for Austria available)
Are you passionate about frontend development? Are you open-minded about approaches and techniques, willing to pick the best tool for the job? Would you like your skills to have a real impact on the market?
Are you keen on working with world class teammates in a successful startup to bring a product to the market that will change a billion-Dollar industry? Well, this position might be just for you!
We are looking for an experienced software engineer (m/w) in order to develop, maintain and enhance our web-based application landscape.
Location: Weyrgasse 8, 1030 Wien
- Create, maintain and enhance our Android applications
- Implement new features as by business requirements
- Keep an eye on overall architecture and how new features fit into it
- Write clean, modular code that is easy to maintain, and open to enhancements
- Introduce improvements to the codebase as well as ideas on how to improve the overall quality of the product
- Good Java Skills
- Understanding of Android architecture, including but not limited to: UI and other frameworks classes lifecycles, power management techniques, background tasks and services, different Android versions support etc.
- Excellent knowledge of software architecture and modern development practices (TDD, Dependency Injection, Separation of concerns, MVVM, MVC, MVP, etc.)
- Very good understanding of RESTFul API Designs and the HTTP family of protocols in general
- Multithreaded and Asynchronous programming should pose no problem, including understanding on when to use what
- Desire to take up responsibility and eagerness to learn
- Good English skills, verbal and written
- At least 5 years of experience working in the field
- Kotlin knowledge/experience
- Functional programming experience
- Advanced memory management techniques
- German speaking skills, verbal and written
- A highly motivated team
- Flexible working hours and home office opportunities
- Help and support in relocation to Vienna, Austria
- High impact on our core products
- Very experienced colleagues with various backgrounds
- Extremely wide range of learning opportunities
- Professional software creation processes & work organization
- High performance-based compensation
- Team Events and Team Lunch on a regular basis
- Coffee, Tea and Water flatrate for free
- Central offices with an excellent transport connection
- New Hardware and Equipment also available for private use
- Dogs allowed
- Due to legal reasons we are obliged to disclose the minimum salary according to the collective agreement for this position, which is 2.700,- gross per month. However, our attractive compensation package is based on market-oriented salaries and is therefore significantly above the stated minimum salary.
Please email your application (motivation letter and resume) to: firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Julia Otto.