OMV Downstream / Gas & Power
Quantitative Analyst (f/m)
OMV is producing and marketing oil & gas, innovative energy and high-end petrochemical solutions - in a responsible way. With Group sales of EUR 20 bn and a workforce of around 20,700 employees in 2017, OMV Aktiengesellschaft is one of Austria's largest listed industrial companies. Due to our international activities in up- and downstream we can offer interesting and diverse job opportunities with excellent scope for career development. Diversity and equal opportunities are central to the OMV culture and key to our corporate success. Discover the exciting world of OMV.
- In depth modelling of the European energy market. This will enable the candidate to join in the team in identifying trends ahead of time and forecasting physical market behaviour with a high degree of accuracy
- Create, develop and maintain models further out in the European energy market using advanced techniques such as multi-variate regression models
- From the analysis the candidate will be expected to come up with profitable, independent trade ideas to add directly to the bottom line
- Data collection, organisation and validation. Analysis requires the highest quality information to be accessed, stored and represented in the best way possible
- Global gas market modelling to assist the LNG team with their trading and hedging activities
- Create bespoke solutions and carry out fundamental investigations under pressure as requested by various departments
- University Degree (Master/Diploma) in a quantitative field (maths, physics, IT)
- Programming proficiency in at least one programming language (eg Python, C++, Java or similar)
- At least 3 years of professional experience
- The candidate should also show a creative streak and try and look at the problems from a new and unusual angle.
- Ability to work independently on technically demanding problems and to have to the confidence to follow your ideas through to their profitable conclusion
- Strong English skills and the confidence to voice an opinion
We offer you:
- According to Austrian labor law, the minimum salary related to the Austrian collective labor agreement has to be stated in the advertisement (EUR 59.345,00-- gross per year, all in)
- An internationally attractive compensation package depending on your experience plus bonus and additional benefits
- The opportunity to join an internationally renowned company in a fast moving business sector, providing excellent development opportunities
- Place of work: Vienna, Austria
Are you interested in joining our team?
Please apply online
OMV is an equal opportunity employer.
Anna Maria Hoppe