"ICH GLAUBE DARAN, DASS MAN MIT FLEISS EINE STEILE KARRIERE ANSTREBEN KANN."
So do we.
Working at Erste Group means pursuing a common goal and being enthusiastic about shared values. We always treat one another with respect, empathy, and understanding for our diverse backgrounds. This applies to our customers as well as to our employees.
(Senior) Legal Counsel (m/f)
Erste Group was founded in 1819 as the first Austrian savings bank and today it is one of the largest banking groups in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE). As an attractive employer, Erste Group offers interesting career opportunities in an international environment.
Group Legal is performing the function of the central legal department of Erste Group Bank AG. It adds value by enabling the business and by mitigating legal risk. In its core function it is providing legal support and counseling for the business and center functions. Group Legal builds on a team of experienced lawyers with a diverse background, specialized in the respective legal areas to be covered by them.
Group Legal also performs the Group Center Function for the legal function Group-wide.
A key responsibility of Corporate Legal, one of Group Legal´s three departments, is legal work on company law matters, M&A and non-banking legal issues, such as contracts with vendors and service suppliers (IT/IP etc.), including license and cooperation agreements and outsourcing contracts.
- provide legal support to the business and projects of the Bank, with a focus on company law matters and related corporate and governance legal issues, as well as non-banking legal issues, such as contracts with vendors and service suppliers (IT/IP etc.), including license and cooperation agreements and outsourcing contracts. Legal support includes drafting, reviewing, and negotiating of documentation; Legal support may take the form of project work, transaction work and occasionally litigation work, and may also include steering activities in the group function.
- enable strategic projects with legal expertize (particularly corporate law and contract law in non-banking activities), coordinate legal input by other stakeholders (from CEE), particularly in group projects; e.g. governance, new legal set-up, legal framework for cooperation and procuring of services by way of master service agreement.
- may also be assigned other legal work from time to time.
- are in close contact with law firms, notaries and authorities in corporate law matters and non-banking projects (selecting, instructing liaising and controlling external counsel)
- hold a graduate degree in law
- have 3-6 years of professional experience in a bank or a law firm
- have profound legal expertise in the area of company law and contract law
- have very good writing skills and are able to express yourself clearly
- are capable to understand complex situations and strategic issues
- are able to communicate legal thoughts and solutions also to non-lawyers
- are solution-minded, with a hands-on approach
- are able to work independently and in a responsible way
- are a team-player
- are fluent in English and German
- have a good command of MS Office (MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access and MS Power Point)
- offer you an interesting, self-determined legal activity as legal counsel for corporate law issues and non-banking legal mattters, including the opportunity to enrich and enlarge your professional experience by working on legal topics also covering other areas,
- support your professional and personal development
- guarantee a competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications. We are obliged by law to quote the minimum wage of EUR 32.245,-- gross per year for this position, in accordance with the respective collective Agreement
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Degree of Employment: Full-time
Primary Location: Vienna
Follow us on: