We are shaping the world with sensor solutions!
ams' success, being a world leader in the design and production of high performance analog ICs and sensor solutions is driven by our most important asset - our employees. To support our continuing growth, we are looking for people with ideas, people who want to make a difference and are focused on being the best.
SW Application Engineer (m/f)
Job No. 2704
Job description/tasks and responsibilities:
- Software Design for PC (Win, Mac, Linux) and Embedded Systems
- Software implementations (Device Drivers, Applications and Firmware) on PC, Mobile Devices and Embedded Systems incl. documentation
- Software testing (PC and Embedded) incl. test specification, test implementation and test automation
- Create technical documentation, application notes and presentations for reference, training and reporting
- Support for released software for internal and external customers
- Setup and conduct technical trainings for customers and internal staff
- Continually updating technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and external courses, reading manuals and accessing new applications.
- Bachelor or Master in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Deep programming language knowledge like C, C++ and C# or Java
- Experience with driver and firmware development on different platforms
- Experience with QT framework and/or Arm Cortex M controller beneficial
- A logical, analytical and creative approach to problems
- A meticulous and organised approach to work
- Ability to work both in a team and alone and to manage own workload
- Ability to learn new skills and technologies quickly
- Ability to communicate with customers, colleagues and management to explain complex issues clearly and concisely
- Interested in semiconductors
- Readiness to travel up to 25%
- Fluent in spoken and written English
Premstätten, Styria, Austria
Collective salary and wage agreement:
The employment is in accordance with the collective salary and wage agreement for employees of the electrical and electronics industry, employment group F
ams offers a great work environment with exciting career paths and trainings, attractive salaries, a profit sharing program, social events and much more.
If you enjoy creativity and innovation, working in teams and an open and friendly corporate culture, we are looking forward to your application via our recruiting platform: http://www.ams.com/eng/Join-Our-Team/Open-Positions