Every day, millions of customers worldwide enjoy our products on mobile, tablet and desktop, which makes us proud and drives us to shape the future of digital entertainment. With our own cutting edge technology and - most importantly - our smart, talented and committed teams we are creating the next generation of betting products. As a member of the GVC group, we aim to "let the world play for real".
Software Architect (f/m)
Are you one of the top Software Architects? Sounds like you? Great, because we are looking for a senior member to join our architecture team that is responsible for our sports betting product. Are you ready for solving incredibly complex problems in a-typical environments? We bet you are.
Do you fancy the prospect of defining the long-term technical landscape and initiate the transformation towards it? We bet you do.
Are you a networker and team player, talking business and programming language? If so, this job is for you.
- Lead with the architecture team the evolution of our fully in-house developed, mainly .NET based sports software with his industry typical short product life cycles.
- Work already in an early stage on bigger business initiatives, give feedback on technical feasibilities and clarity of requirements, draft first solution options and their impact and involve needed subject matter experts.
- Develop the software architecture together with our technical leads and other architects during the phases of an agile, scrum based software development approach.
- Review software solutions and their architecture if they fulfill the requirements and verify if they are compliant to our principles and target architecture.
- Act as a sparring partner and coach for architects and software engineers inside the development teams, support them with your expertise on solutions for challenging requirements of our high-volume real-time transaction environment.
- Write code by providing prototypes for integration, for assessing and introducing emerging technologies or as a leading team member in project teams introducing new technologies.
- Have pro-active talks with our sport scrum teams as well as with our engineering managers and product owners, network with other development and business departments on a regular basis.
- Be up-to-date on current industry and technology trends and have an eye on software architectures outside the company.
- Involvements in B2B activities, merger and acquisitions initiatives as well as in integration tasks with third party vendors.
Your entrance ticket:
- Minimum of 5 years of practical experience as Software Architect or Lead Developer.
- Senior Software Engineer with strong .NET skills, experienced in building service-oriented distributed systems using asynchronous communication for high-volume real-time demands.
- Expert engineering skills in analysis and design of software considering up to date standards and principles
- Experience from other high transactional, real-time environments such as gaming, finance or e-commerce would be ideal.
- Solid understanding of modern technologies, frameworks and patterns (Redis, Kafka, Angular, Docker, cloud computing, microservices, event sourcing, AI, …)
- Problem solving skills, open-minded, interest in innovative ideas and technologies.
- Flexibility, analytical skills, proactive, networked way of thinking.
- Fluent English - written and spoken, German is a plus.
- The minimum salary for this position is EUR 68.000,-- gross p.a. and is adjusted to match your qualification and experience.
- Various software solutions having different quality attributes: high scalable robust systems, very flexible solutions and complex requirements.
- Get in touch with a wide range of applications: backend tools as well as mobile and desktop applications, our high scalable betting engine as well as our trading tools with their mathematical models and one of the world's largest MS-SQL Server instances.
- Become part of a globally leading online gaming provider developing all of the products in-house in locations across the world.
- Use our vendor network to get in touch with upcoming new technologies.
- Awesome multi-cultural team of very knowledgeable & supportive colleagues.
- Table soccer, ping-pong, poker, darts, marathon training and space to chill out, company events and other benefits.
- Office location in the heart of Vienna.
Marxergasse 1B, 1030 Wien