Heavy Automotive Off-Highway Driveline Systems
Meritor - GHM Transmission in Steyr, Austria
is looking for a
who is excited to work in this interesting position with a very successful and dedicated team.
The working place is in Steyr, and might be partially out of home office.
Steyr is the Sales base for Europe/Middle East/Asia and specialized in automotive powertrain solutions for commercial all-wheel-drive and electric mobility vehicles in global markets. There is an integrated assembly and testing operation - make to order - with a high variety on products.
The Program Manager is responsible for a collection of related projects, including the planning, coordinating, evaluating and executing of activities involved with the entire operations of specific products, including development, testing, product quality, production, product and project cost, scheduling and performance, and launch. Manages resources within the Program Office, Engineering Department and Operations.
- Heavily supports International Sales and Business Development team for day by day customer contacts, technical and commercial clarifications and relationship management
- Responsible to review project requirement and develop project plans that meet project timing, budget and resource requirements
- Responsible to maintain standard documentation and dashboard that can explain how quality, scope and project timeline are managed
- Responsible for reviewing product specification definition of all
- Responsible for collaborating with engineering to define the technologies necessary to enable the product program plan
- Responsible for collaborating with the global manufacturing strategy team in the development of the most efficient manufacturing strategy / footprint to support the program
- Responsible for collaborating with the global purchasing strategy team in the development of the most cost effective supply chain strategy to support the program
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or similar in engineering, operations or related field
- Multi-product line expertise is desired and many years of directly related or equivalent work-related experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certified, preferred
- Experience in commercial vehicles new product development
- Good negotiation skills
- Oracle / ERP systems basic knowledge
- Advanced MS Office knowledge
- Communication skills and flexibility to work in multicultural and multifunctional environments
- Team player with the ability to work within collaborative environments
- Written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in German and English is required
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate business targets
- Strategic agility - Ability to translate concept to strategy and strategy to action plan
- Previous experience of customer focus and commitment
- International / EU experience, preferred
- Must show commitment and team player work skills.
- Able to analyze and interpret market data and commodity cost drivers
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good knowledge of commodities like castings, forgings, machined components and other mechanical components.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent assignments while meeting deadlines and demanding quality execution.
- Good interpersonal/customer relations skills.
- Good problem-solving and prioritization skills.
- Good knowledge on industry economics, commodity price movement, financial and other commercial related costs
- Fair understanding of manufacturing process of related commodities.
For this position, we offer a minimum gross monthly salary of EUR3.500 depending on qualification and professional experience.
Be part of a successful, globally-thinking and dedicated team - we are
looking forward to receiving your application!
Mr. Thomas Lang
Meritor, Inc. is a leading global supplier of drivetrain, mobility, braking and aftermarket solutions for commercial vehicle and industrial markets with a revenue of around 3,5 Billion US$. With more than a 100-year legacy of providing innovative products that offer superior performance, efficiency and reliability, the company serves commercial truck, trailer, off-highway, defense, specialty and aftermarket customers around the world. Meritor is based in Troy, Michigan, United States, and is made up of more than 9,000 diverse employees who apply their knowledge and skills in manufacturing facilities, engineering centers, joint ventures, distribution centers and global offices in 18 countries. Meritor's common stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange. For more information, visit the Web site at: http://www.meritor.com/