MED-EL is a leading manufacturer of innovative medical devices for the treatment of various types and degrees of hearing loss. Our unique portfolio of implantable hearing solutions benefits thousands of individuals in more than 100 countries worldwide. With headquarters in Innsbruck, Austria, MED-EL has over 1900 employees around the world. In support of our continuing growth, we currently have an open position with focus on:
Research Scientist Artificial Intelligence (m/f)
- Design and implement algorithms, tools and methodologies in speech-related research and voice interface design
- Prototyping application; development of our own speech recognition and natural language processing algorithms and systems
- Work with data and analytics in balance with open source technologies.
- Participate in the whole scope of application development
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, recommendation systems, pattern recognition, data mining or artificial intelligence
- Experience with Deep Learning techniques to solve novel language challenges
- Implementation level experience with any of open-source ML toolkits such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras, Theano; understanding of how to build and tune large scale machine learning systems.
- Some experience with Kaldi, DeepSpeech and similar projects would be a plus. Experience with tools for text processing and representation; working with standard tools such as NLTK, gensim, Apache OpenNLP, Mahout, etc. would be also an advantage
- Master or PhD in Computer Engineering, Statistics, Data Science, Electrical Engineering or related
Salary will be determined based on professional experience; the formal minimum salary according to Collective Bargaining Agreement is EUR 34,999.72
We offer a challenging opportunity in a multinational work environment with English as our company language. We look forward to receiving your application at jobs.medel.com
MED-EL Medical Electronics
Tel +43 (0) 5 7788 7788