Grow with us. Support excellent research.
IST Austria is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in the life, physical, and formal sciences, located in Klosterneuburg on the outskirts of Vienna. As employees of the administration and the Scientific Service Units, we strive to support IST Austria's scientists in performing excellent research.
Mass Spectrometry Expert in Proteomics (f/m)
FULL TIME (40h)
IST Austria aims to establish a mass spectrometry service focused on proteomics for the life science groups on campus. As part of the Scientific Services, this unit would support the scientists in their daily research. Are you interested in how your future working place may look? This video provides a bird's eye view of IST Austria.
- Advising and training of users in basic sample preparation
- Operating and maintaining equipment
- HPLC and MS method development
- Working closely with multiple research groups to aid in the design of experiments plus providing analytical support as required
- Supporting emerging technology and developing new methodologies for existing systems
- Maintaining excellent documentation of all work including laboratory notebooks, methods and protocols
- Supporting the interpretation and documentation of results
- Building up and maintaining a proteomics mass spectrometry service
- Master's Degree (minimum) in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology or a similar field
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience
- Practical experience and exposure to nano-ESI-MS and nano-HPLC is essential. A background in Bioinformatics is also desirable.
- A high-level of understanding and working knowledge of various mass spectrometers and MS methods
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills in English
- Offers challenging positions in a dynamic and growing organization
- Supports learning and development
- Provides flexible working times and numerous fringe benefits
- Promotes an international and open culture
- Supports an appreciative and respectful work environment
- Values diversity and is committed to equality
- Free Shuttlebus for employees (Departing from Heiligenstadt, travel time: about 22 min.)
To apply for this position send your application in one combined pdf (including CV, certificates and references) by e-mail to:
We offer a minimum salary of EUR 3,600 gross/month. Depending on education, qualifications and work experience, a higher salary is negotiable.
Institute of Science and Technology Austria | Am Campus 1 | 3400 Klosterneuburg | +43 (0)2243/9000 0 | www.ist.ac.at