Global Blue invented the concept of Tax Free Shopping 37 years ago and is now the worldwide industry leader, enhancing the Globe Shopper experience and creating value for retailers and partners through a range of products and services. Global Blue's Tax Free Shopping solutions allow thousands of retailers, including most of the world's best luxury, fast fashion and department store brands, to quickly and safely offer Globe Shoppers savings of up to 20% when shopping in 300,000 stores around the world. Global Blue's IT headquarters is located in Vienna.
Senior .NET Developer / Payments
You have the passion to generate and write clean code? In this position, you will be responsible for the development and support of .NET/C# projects and applications with highest quality and commitment through the entire Software Development Lifecycle. This highly responsible role involves offering state of the art technology solutions that will drive forward Global Blue's Tax Free Shopping and Currency Choice product offerings. You will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology in an agile environment for the market leader in its industry.
We are currently looking for a Full Stack Developer who wants to be part of a new motivated development team.
In this position you will be involved with Payment system. You will be responsible for design, development and support. You will also participate in technical review and suggest technical improvements, technology upgrade, architecture change, etc.
- Design, develop, test, support and deploy desktop, custom web, service and/or mobile applications
- Research and evaluate software related technologies and products.
- Implement best practices, standards and procedures including quality and delivery methodologies and ensure compliance with the documented software processes and procedures throughout the life cycle of software products.
- Work in an agile Team setup of 6-9 members
- Coordinate with enterprise architects, development leads and product managers to determine appropriate functionalities and implementation.
- Take an active role in improvement endeavours
Experience and Education
- University graduate / bachelor's degree in technology-related field (e.g. computer science, MIS, etc.) or technical education.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a professional software development work environment
- Excellent understanding of OOP concepts and principles and .net programming language skills
- Hands-on experience within agile software development methodologies in a multi-division processing company (international experience a strong plus)
- In-depth experience designing API's (SOAP / REST) and implementing services based on it
- Experience with Testing and CI; TDD, automated unit/functional/integration testing
- Strong understanding of Software Design Patterns and Enterprise Design Patterns, MS SQL Server skills or similar, especially in performance related areas and understanding of agile development methodologies (ideally SCRUM)
- Strong English language skills (oral and written) in routine, technology-related work settings
- Internet Security knowledge
- Payments industry experience a strong plus (credit card, merchant processing, banking, financial services, etc.)
- Knowledge in AngularJS, Bootstrap
Need to have
- Web API/ REST
- ORM (Entity Framework)
Nice to have
- MS SQL Server, Understanding T-SQL and Complex legacy stored procedures
- Microsoft .Net Core
- Independent and self-motivated personality
- Excellent team player
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent command of English in spoken and written form
- Enjoys working in a multi-cultural environment
- Willingness to travel (max 10%)
- Work in fast growing international company
- Most state of the art office environment
- Development and potential to grow
- Multi-cultural environment
- Inspiring colleagues from many different countries
- Employee referral program
- Employee suggestion program
- Teambuilding, Team events, Christmas Party
Flexible working time
Good location close to public transport
Wellbeing, company doctor, meal vouchers
Team building, party and events
Please send us your up-dated English CV with a short motivation letter highlighting your suitability for the job.
Global Blue guarantees a competitive and performance-related salary depending on your professional and personal qualifications. As required by Austrian federal law we hereby state, that the legal annual minimum compensation according to the Austrian collective agreement amounts to EUR36.419,46, however the total compensation is a subject of individual agreement.