Global Blue invented the concept of Tax Free Shopping 37 years ago and is now the worldwide industry leader, enhancing the Globe Shopper experience and creating value for retailers and partners through a range of products and services. Global Blue's Tax Free Shopping solutions allow thousands of retailers, including most of the world's best luxury, fast fashion and department store brands, to quickly and safely offer Globe Shoppers savings of up to 20% when shopping in 300,000 stores around the world. Global Blue's IT headquarters is located in Vienna.
Senior Network Engineer (m/f)
This is now the perfect time to do the next big step in your career within Global Blue. We plan a network technology refresh of our main data center campus and we are seeking for you to accomplish this challenging project in a leading position embedded in a professional international network team. If you have strong senior network experiences to build and run data center network campus including operative security, we would like to talk to you!
Reporting to Senior Manager - Network and Telecommunications, the successful candidate will be responsible for Network architecture, designing, implementing and operating enterprise data networks including security functions focused on data centers. The challenge of this position is to ensure a secure, automated and high available data center network environment, provide professional quality and in time/budget delivery of assigned tasks and services.
- To plan, document and perform of network changes/extensions, especially in datacentres
- Orchestration/Automation of firewall rules and underlying network settings
- Designing and documenting the corporate network architecture (LAN/WAN/WLAN/SECURITY)
- Data centre network security consultancy for internal departments & projects
- Operating and monitoring of the corporate network infrastructure
- Providing 2nd level network infrastructure related support
- Designing network aspects of disaster recovery and operational security
- Maintaining, auditing and improving corporate network & security standards
- Performing network related root cause analysis (RCA) and problem resolution
- Defining, monitoring and reporting KPIs for network services/devices
- Managing proof of concepts, feasibility studies etc.
- Investigating into new technologies & security improvements
- Writing of white papers and documentations
- Acting as a project leader for network related activities/projects
Experience and Education
- Academic degree in relevant network or IT related education preferred
- Min. 5 years of professional experience as a Datacenter Network Engineer
- Excellent understanding of corporate network & data entre application architecture concepts
- Scripting / programming / automation skills
- Strong experience with Datacentre security & firewall infrastructure (multivendor) - mandatory
- Datacentre network infrastructure (CISCO) - mandatory
- Excellent understanding of at least 3 of the technical areas below:
- VPN technologies / infrastructure
- LAN & WAN Network design / management
- Network automation
- Network technologies (Layer1-Layer4)
- Practical experience in enterprise network and security Plan/Build/Run setup
- Working experience in an international / multicultural environment
- Excellent English language skills (both oral and written)
- Willingness to travel and to perform on-call duty
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Good technical writing skills
- Passion to deliver high quality standard levels
- Accuracy and high risk awareness
- Ability to work with distributed team in different time zones
- End to end responsibility for a worldwide network and regional data centers
- Work in a fast-growing international company and industry
- State of the art office environment well connected to the public transportation system and with good infrastructure
- International environment and inspiring colleagues from many different countries
- Employee benefits: languages courses, flexible working time, trainings, wellbeing including discount for gym, lunch vouchers, fruit days, free coffee etc.
- Team building events
- Varied, interesting and challenging job
- Referral bonus
Flexible working time
Good location close to public transport
Wellbeing, company doctor, meal vouchers
Team building, party and events
Please send us your up-dated English CV with a short motivation letter highlighting your suitability for the job.
Global Blue guarantees a competitive and performance-related salary depending on your professional and personal qualifications. As required by Austrian federal law we hereby state, that the legal annual minimum compensation according to the Austrian collective agreement amounts to EUR36.419,46, however the total compensation is a subject of individual agreement.