Grow with us. Support excellent research.
IST Austria is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in the life, physical, and formal sciences, located in Klosterneuburg on the outskirts of Vienna. As employees of the administration and the Scientific Service Units, we strive to support IST Austria's scientists in performing excellent research.
IT Support Specialist (f/m)
FULL TIME (40h)
The change is the constant, when working in our fast growing institute. New challenges arise almost every day, and work will never be boring. If you are willing to keep pace with the development of our institute and the development of our IT infrastructure, we invite you to become a part of IST Austria and enable our scientists for world-class research.
Are you interested in how your future working place may look like? This video provides a bird's eye view of IST Austria.
- Provide 1st and 2nd level IT Support (Hardware/Software) and technical event support
- Respond to service requests and issues by using a ticketing system
- Purchase of IT equipment and maintenance of IT assets within a CMDB
- Deployment of Client Devices, automation of (standard) IT tasks
- Network configuration and patching for access level switches
- Participate in new and ongoing IT projects (IT internally and externally)
- Write end-user and internal documentation of IT systems and services
- Technical IT education and/or experience in IT end user support
- Good knowledge of operating systems (Windows, Linux, MacOs), software, hardware and IT infrastructure
- Basic knowledge of server and network systems and related concepts
- Basic knowledge of common IT service management frameworks (e.g. ITIL)
- High degree of service orientation, pleasant behaviour
- Open minded and reliable, focused and self-dependent personality
- A never ending eagerness to learn about new and upcoming technologies
- Good communication skills and excellent command of the English language
- Offers challenging positions in a dynamic and growing organization
- Supports learning and development
- Provides flexible working times and numerous fringe benefits
- Promotes an international and open culture
- Supports an appreciative and respectful work environment
- Values diversity and is committed to equality
- Free Shuttlebus for employees (Departing from Heiligenstadt, travel time: about 22 min.)
To apply for this position send your application in one combined pdf (including CV, certificates and references) by e-mail to:
We offer a minimum salary of EUR 2,200 gross/month, with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience.
Institute of Science and Technology Austria | Am Campus 1 | 3400 Klosterneuburg | +43 (0)2243/9000 0 | www.ist.ac.at