One shared journey moves us forward. Bristol-Myers Squibb is a BioPharma leader offering opportunities to learn and grow professionally, working alongside smart, talented colleagues who are committed to helping patients prevail over serious diseases.
Our medicines help millions of people around the world in their fight against cancer, heart disease, HCV, and rheumatoid arthritis. Our commitment to patients' unmet medical needs drives innovation and pride in our record of achievements and we are recognized as having one of the most innovative pipelines in the industry with launches in Oncology and Specialty products.
Business Unit Director is accountable for the overall success of the Oncology Business in Austria.
Expectations of this leader are:
- To provide strategic leadership and overall direction for the commercial activities of the Oncology business in a very competitive and dynamic business environment
- To drive continued growth with a diverse and complex Oncology and Haematology Portfolio
- To build and manage a high performance team with focus on operational excellence and a continuous improvement to overcome challenges
- To partner with the cross-functional team, including Regulatory, Medical, Clinical, Finance, HR, Access/Policy/Advocacy and Business Operations to deliver on brand strategies that ensure speed to patients
- To build and maintain excellent stakeholder networks and relationships internally and externally to drive the business forward; place customers at the center in addressing needs and finding business solutions.
- To think more broadly than this role and use insight to prioritize, challenge and adapt current approaches as a member of the CHAT Leadership Team to drive total BMS performance
- To ensure business objectives are achieved with high level of integrity and compliance and that they are fully compliant with relevant laws, regulations and BMS Standards of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Successful management, sales & marketing track record for a significant business and/or geography.
- Ability to formulate and communicate outstanding strategic thinking in a highly complex environment.
- Ability to set and implement the strategy related to managing a successful business
- Excellent leadership skills; with a strong ability to build, motivate and develop a strongly competent and diverse team
- Experience and track record of both coaching individuals as well as leading teams and the ability to lead efficiently in a highly matrix environment
- Proven success of change and innovation management combined with the right sense of priority, focus and results
- Fluency in German
- Oncology experience (preferred)
- Strategic Agility: Creates a clear purpose, vision, strategies and key priorities for competing successfully in the evolving pharmaceutical and health care industry.
- Impact and Influence: Breaks barriers and influences across organizational and/or geographical boundaries leading to efficiency, effectiveness, and nimbleness for maximized organizational performance.
- Collaboration across all functions and brands. Mobilizes and motivates the team and achieves shared goals. Brings conflicts to the surface and resolves them constructively.
- Developing Leadership Talent & Teams: Demonstrates proven ability to identify, select, develop, engage and retain top talent. Manages performance effectively.
- Decision Making Skills: Utilizes an effective decision making process, demonstrates superb judgment, decisiveness and applies a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment that enhance the success of BMS.
- Communication Skills: Communicates articulately, credibly and convincingly.
- Business Acumen and Savvy: Understands how strategies and tactics work in the pharmaceutical and health care marketplace and integrates market considerations, competitive threats, regulatory and legal regulations and other factors to achieve business objectives
- Execution Skills: Demonstrated success in driving execution of key priorities and plans by establishing expectations for work and contingency plans and metrics, setting high standards and holding team members accountable for results, behaviors and continuous improvement.
In addition to facing a challenging & rewarding position, you will become part of a dynamic and dedicated team working in an exciting & innovative environment. We offer for this position a gross annual salary of minimum EUR 100,000, depending on the professional qualification and experience a higher remuneration is possible.
Moreover, BMS offers an attractive bonus system and social benefits to their employees. If you are willing to take on a position with responsibility, adding your experience, knowledge and your passion to BMS, we look forward to receiving your online application via our career portal.