EXPLORE A WORLD
The people we all rely on to make the world go round - they rely on Thales. Our customers come to us with big ambitions: to make life better, to keep us safer.
Combining a unique diversity of expertise, talents and cultures, our architects design and deliver extraordinary high technology solutions. Solutions that make tomorrow possible, today. From the bottom of the oceans to the depth of space and cyberspace, we help our customers think smarter and act faster - mastering ever greater complexity and every decisive moment along the way. With 64,000 employees in 56 countries, Thales reported sales of EUR15.8 billion in 2017.
In Austria customers in rail transportation, air traffic, cybersecurity and defence missions rely on Thales. Additionally, our expertise in signalling gives people and goods in Central and Eastern European markets, like Hungary, Bulgaria, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Slovenia, Macedonia, Croatia, Serbia and Albania, the connected journey they deserve. No matter how challenging the project, our 400 employees in Vienna stay by our customer's side until the job is done - whatever it takes.
To support our team in Vienna, we are looking for a:
Process Quality Assurance Engineer (f/m)
Our Quality Management Team is strongly involved in the preparation and management of customer projects. It holds an important role from the bidding phase until handover of the finished project to the customer. Our customer projects are large infrastructure contracts for the equipment and upgrading of national and international railway lines.
Your responsibilities include:
- Define the necessary quality measures within projects in co-operation with the responsible Project - and System Engineering Managers (Quality Management Plan)
- Support and assess the implementation of these quality measures
- Monitor the application of defined quality requirements during Bid & Project-, Product life cycle via
- participating in gates, reviews, milestone meetings and risk sessions
- providing Process Verification Report
- performing project assessments to recognize necessary improvement or risk avoidance measures
- duty to alert and track problem solving activities
- analyzing in- / outputs of important project life cycle phases
- performing Lessons Learned and tracking the implementation of improvement measures
- supporting definition of corrective actions in case of disclosed deviations from quality requirements
- provide Bid & Project Quality Advice
- Prepare the Quality management report
- A completed Degree in a technical field
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Deep knowledge of required Quality norms and standards, tools and practices (JIRA, Cause-and-effect diagram, Ishikawa diagram, root- cause analysis, Pareto chart, 8D Report, Deming Circle,…)
- Excellent MS Excel skills (formulas, pivot tables, macros)
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills
- Assertive and dynamic personality
- Rigorous and precise
- Fluency in English and German
- The minimum remuneration per the IT Collective Agreement is EUR 40.572,.- g.p.a., with a possibility for additional pay depending on skills and experience.
- Entry into a worldwide acting group offering various internal development opportunities
- An excellent working experience within a professional multinational environment.
We are looking forward to receiving your application and documents!
Please apply online under Quality-Assurance-Engineer-fm_R0027841