We're experts in the world's fastest growing sector - globe shopping, where consumers from one country shop in another. We introduced the world to Tax Free Shopping over 30 years ago, but now offer a range of great services to help travellers shop and spend wisely in 43 countries around the world. We work with over 270,000 of the world's favourite brands, helping businesses engage with globe shoppers. Our IT headquarter is located in Vienna and we do have offices all over the globe, we're a truly international team.
Senior .NET Mobile and Desktop Developer
We are looking for a qualified Senior C# .NET Developer to join our Engineering team in Vienna who will be responsible for developing, maintaining and extending our offerings for the desktop and mobile platforms. If you are passionate about mobile and desktop platforms and translating code into user-friendly apps, we would like to meet you. You will collaborate with internal teams to develop functional mobile and desktop applications, while working in a fast-paced Agile environment.
- Contribute in all phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLF) including: requirements analysis, concept, design, implementation, testing, release and support
- Gather specific requirments and suggest solutions
- Produce fully functional applications wirting clean code
- Write unit and UI test
- Coordinate with Enterprise Architects, Development Leads and Product Managers to determine appropriate functionalities and implementation
- Take an active role in improvement endeavours
- Mentor and coach colleagues
- Degree in Computer Science or relevant field or working experience
- Min. 8 years of working experience in Desktop development, preferably in WPF
- At least 5 years of working experience in Mobile development, preferably in Xamarin
- Deep understanding of the .Net development ecosystem including tools, frameworks and best practices
- Experience with modern desktop development frameworks such as Prism.
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience in AngularJS and other modern HTML5 frameworks would be a plus
- Strong understanding of software development practices, debugging, unit/integration testing, behavioural testing, version control (GIT), and ALM tools (JIRA)
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to remotely diagnose field issues and come up with solutions to atypical problems
- Strong sense of ownership
- Very good collaboration
- Strong communication skills in English (fluent both written and spoken)
- Work in fast-growing international company and industry
- State of the art office environment well connected to the public transportation system and with good infrastructure
- International environment and inspiring colleagues from many different countries
- Employee benefits and building events
- Varied, interesting and challenging job
Flexible working time
Good location close to public transport
Wellbeing, company doctor, meal vouchers
Team building, party and events
Global Blue guarantees a competitive and performance-related salary depending on your professional and personal qualifications. As required by Austrian federal law we hereby state, that the legal annual minimum compensation according to the Austrian collective agreement amounts to EUR 40.892,04, however the total compensation is a subject of individual agreement.