SOS Children's Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children's Villages. As a non-governmental social development organisation we support children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We work in 135 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year. To support us with this important responsibility we are now looking for a committed:
Internal Auditor/Expert (f/m)
International Office, Innsbruck
Internal audit (IA) is an independent instance which supervises the risk management, controls and governance processes of the federation. As a third line of defense IA is supporting management and other governing bodies of the Federation in their task to monitor and manage the risks of the SOS Federation. With regard to fraud investigation IA is the „executive arm" of potential breaches of compliance rules which have been notified to and preliminarily assessed by Integrity, Compliance and Legal (ICL).
The Internal Auditor/Expert supports the International Director (ID) IA in his mission to professionalise, supervise and train the regional and/or national Internal Auditors of the SOS Federation. In addition the incumbent shall support regional and national internal audits, support internal investigations, collect best practices for knowledge sharing, maintain the SOS IA workspace, enhance the IA methodology and data analytics and support the follow up process for remediation of IA findings at national level.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Professionalise, advise and provide guidance to the regional and/or national Internal Auditors of the SOS Federation.
- Interact and communicate with all relevant grades and functions of the SOS Federation (e.g. International Directors Regions, Promoting and Supporting Associations, Regional Directors, National Associations) directly or indirectly involved in internal audits or internal investigations in order to:
- Closely monitor internal audits conducted by regional or local IA teams
- Collect best practice examples included in the IA reports or in online media (e.g. internet, publications) for knowledge sharing
- Conduct regional and national internal audits and either participate as an active team member or take the lead of a regional or national internal audit
- Design and provide a training concept and comprehensive training material for internal audits and internal investigations to IA professionals to ensure a continued high level of professional standard and expertise within the organisation
- Design, implement and maintain the structure of the SOS internal audit workspace on the organisation's virtual collaboration platform; produce content and ensure up-to-date content is available to the IA professional network and relevant stakeholders
- Set up and establish modern data analytics techniques in the internal audit work
- Master Degree in Finance/Accounting or Business Administration, a Bachelor Degree with considerable additional experience would also be considered
- Qualification as a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE).
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in internal or external auditing including in an international setting, ideally with some experience in the non-profit sector
- Vast knowledge and experience working in the context of finance and accounting
- Experience in conducting and leading investigations
- Strong written and oral communication skills in German and English, knowledge of other languages (French/Spanish) would be an advantage
- Ability to understand and work in a diversified and multi-cultural environment
- Intercultural understanding with excellent communication and networking skills
- Good knowledge of data analytics and IT and expertise to evaluate the adequacy and usefulness of data analytic tools
- Experience in designing and setting up an audit system, basic knowledge in engineering as well as of fundraising and programme functions in complex international organisations acting in a federation model would be desirable
- Willingness to travel
- Applicants must hold a valid Austrian working permit or be eligible to work within the EU
- Highly interesting position in a multicultural working environment with a varied scope of tasks and challenges
- Our organisation offers an interesting opportunity for a purposeful position where social responsibility for the welfare of children and youths worldwide is uppermost
- As a responsible employer we provide a range of training schemes and encourage educational enhancement
- A minimum annual gross salary of 43.000,- (on a full time basis). Actual salary will depend on qualifications and professional experience.
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application by 24 June 2018 at the latest to email@example.com, SOS-Children's Villages International,