TourRadar is an early stage, venture-backed marketplace disrupting a $50 billion industry. Revolutionizing how multi-day tours are compared and purchased, we provide travelers with a trusted online marketplace to find and book life-enriching experiences worldwide. Traditionally, these types of experiences have been predominantly serviced offline by brick and mortar travel agents, but we recognize that it's time to move this industry online and capture global market share through digital reach. With over 35 different nationalities in our team and offices spread across Europe, North America and Australia, we work to deliver the best possible service and tour booking experience to our customers. Launched in 2010, we proudly produce everything in-house thanks to our exceptional internal talent and are now looking to scale our team.
Internship - Software Development (m/f)
This position will begin as a 6 month-long full or part-time internship with the opportunity to move to a full-time, permanent position.
Some of your responsibilities will be as follows:
- Learning from and pair-programming with our senior engineers
- Participation in all stages of the product lifecycle (from brainstorming to design to implementation)
- Working on projects which can include API strategy as well as website enhancements/relaunches, processing the data feed of our partners, improving performance, setting up testing frameworks, etc.
- Write production code in your first week!
- Having the possibility to become a full-time software engineer upon completion of this internship
You are interested in:
- Developing your software engineers skills working within the LAMP stack
- PHP frameworks, such as Symfony, Laravel and CodeIgniter
- Learning how to design and consume APIs
- Working within microservices architecture
- Interest in working with RDBMS (schema design, indices, caching)
- Interest in automation (automated testing, delivery pipelines, unit tests, codeception, selenium)
- Interest in working within an Agile environment
- Interest in learning more about Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Good verbal and written English communication skills
What can you expect?
- International work environment with English as the working language
- The stability and excitement of working for a fast scaling Series B funded startup
- Regular team outings
- Brand new office in the city center (1010 Vienna) including a foosball table and barbecue area
- Great career opportunities and individual development plan
- Cake on your birthday!