Grow with us. Support excellent research.
IST Austria is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in the life, physical, and formal sciences, located in Klosterneuburg on the outskirts of Vienna. As employees of the administration and the Scientific Service Units, we strive to support IST Austria's scientists in performing excellent research.
Faculty recruiting & scientific quality assurance (f/m)
Academic Affairs is a core administrative division that deals with the organization of academic life at IST Austria. It promotes excellence in science and in science administration and contributes actively to the collaborative spirit within the Institute. Are you interested in how your future working place may look like? This video provides a bird's eye view of IST Austria.
- Coordination and administration of faculty recruiting - this includes screening of applications, candidate visits on campus, cooperation with and preparation for committees, scouting of potential candidates
- Coordination of scientific area evaluations - this includes the preparation of dossiers and supporting evaluation panels
- Participating in quality assurance processes concerning scientific research at IST Austria
- Close interaction with professors at IST Austria and other administrative divisions
- PhD in computer science, mathematics, physics or related areas, and experience in basic scientific research are necessary as this position requires a deep understanding of academic processes and standards
- Interest in sustaining and implementing high academic quality standards
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills in English, German language skills are a plus
- International experience, including an extended stay abroad, is an advantage
- Strong organizational skills and an independent way of working
- Offers challenging positions in a dynamic and growing organization
- Supports learning and development
- Provides flexible working times and numerous fringe benefits
- Promotes an international and open culture
- Supports an appreciative and respectful work environment
- Values diversity and is committed to equality
- Free Shuttlebus for employees (Departing from Heiligenstadt, travel time: about 22 min.)
To apply for this position send your application in one combined pdf (including CV, certificates and references) by e-mail to:
We offer a minimum salary of EUR 3,063 gross/month (for full time), with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience.
Institute of Science and Technology Austria | Am Campus 1 | 3400 Klosterneuburg | +43 (0)2243/9000 0 | www.ist.ac.at