Who We Are
Founded in 2001, Intact has grown to become a major player for software solutions in the fast growing TIC (testing, inspection and certification) market with customers all around the globe. We love not only our code, our data and our products, but above all--our people. We are also relentless about improving ourselves and are looking for someone who shares our values to join our team to help us become even better.
If you are looking to make an impact--Intact is the place for you!
We consider ourselves as an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, disability status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
(Junior) Software Product Manager (F/M)
What It Is
- 30 to 38.5 working hours per week--we are ready to negotiate (ideally 38.5)
- Participating in overall product strategy, research and development requirements and in tactical decision making regarding product functionality
- Managing day-to-day progress of product. Provides technical expertise and training to other departments to manage know-how transfer
- Conducting market and competitor analysis to develop product definitions and identifies and tracks market trends in company's industries
- Collaborating with a wide variety of functional areas such as sales, development, marketing, support, and others to develop and provide product definitions and documentations responsive to customer needs and market opportunities
- Participating in developing and maintaining the idea backlog for various products
- Working with clients and other key stakeholders to research and document development requirements to meet requirements
- Providing financial and technical justification for feature selection and definition
- Creating product documentations and graphical content to improve customer onboarding
- Participating in key sales situations for company's products
- Assisting other members of the team to ensure all work is done in a timely and accurate manner
- Other duties as assigned by management
What It Isn't
This role isn't heavy in ongoing traditional documentation; if you love developing complex and detailed process documentation manuals which make J.R.R. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings book set look like a bedtime reading, you'll be disappointed. It isn't linear, nor is it task focused.
If you are most effective in a highly structured setting with well-defined steps in sequential order, you're likely to feel frustrated with the highly agile and continuously changing priorities.
If you like being heavily supervised at work and shoulder surfing is something you are looking for, you'll be let down. It isn't about developing product vision in a silo and pushing your personal vision to reality; if you don't love the discovery process or place a high priority on learning to love what the stakeholders need, you'll want to pass on us and find a better fit for your skills.
- Ongoing Bachelor study (Computer Science, Software Engineering & Business Development, Business Management or related discipline), Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Full English proficiency written and oral, German is an asset
- Passion for and ability to understand customer needs and deliver great solutions
- Strong analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills and ability to create executive presentation content
- Ability to work at a strategic level, but also able to get into the details on requirements
- A spirit of collaboration and transparent communication
- Ability to listen, learn and aggregate multiple data inputs and analyze best use for purposes of establishing prioritization
- Terrific and demonstrated problem solving skills
- Energetic, shows passion and is vested into the project
- Ability to "think out of the box" and develop creative solutions
- Ability to manage time effectively in a fast-paced agile environment, with limited supervision
- Technology or software engineering background is an asset
- Travel: up to 25% worldwide
In accordance with the Austrian collective labour agreement the annual gross salary package for this position (38.5 working hours) is a minimum of EUR 31.822,-. However, we offer attractive benefits (e.g. flexitime, social events, etc.) and a salary which is in line with market conditions depending on your skills, education and experience.