Come join us and become a part of our world. Together we can discover new ways to improve and extend people's lives. As part of the global Novartis Group our sites in Kundl and Schaftenau are specialized in development and production of antibiotics and biologics.
Associate Scientist (m/f) (fixed-term role until March 2020)
- Plan, organize, perform and document experiments / plant activities under minimal supervision.
- Provide raw data documentation, evaluation and results interpretation. Propose and provide input for the design of next experiments.
- Adherence to Sandoz standards, in particular quality (cGxP if applicable, GMP or GDevP data control as appropriate), ethical, environment (HSE), and information security (ISEC).
- Review, verify and approve raw data generated by others / Perform information and literature searches.
- Perform qualification, validation and transfer of procedures under minimal supervision
- Optimize or troubleshoot existing methods/processes and develop new methods/processes based on published methods/processes under minimal supervision.
- Address and solve problems of high complexity under minimal supervision. Provide solutions on deviations and unexpected results from experiments.
- Participate in function-specific sub teams and fulfill assigned project tasks and responsibilities
- Actively maintain laboratory inventory (e.g. chemicals, standards, consumables)
- Schedule and perform maintenance of instruments/equipment including responsibility for selected equipment.
- Generate lab procedures or SOP's, generate protocols and reports under minimal supervision
- Utilize special tools/equipment and/or specialized facilities as an expert.
- Actively contribute to development and implementation of new technologies
- Actively participate in knowledge exchange. Train and coach colleagues
- Education: PhD / Master preferably with 1-2 years of experience or BSc/ Secondary technical education with at least 4 years of work related experiences or Apprenticeship (at least 8 years)
- Languages: Advanced English skills in reading and writing (technical), preferably German
- Experience: Good scientific or technical knowledge in analysis of recombinant proteins, Good skills in presentation and scientific/technical writing, Advanced theoretical knowledge of and practical experiences with laboratory tools for instrumental analytics (including trouble-shooting and data evaluation),
- Profile: Good knowledge of relevant software tools, Awareness of safe handling of chemicals and equipment, Desirable Knowledge of GDevP and/or cGMP
Please apply online: Online Application (Job ID 249234BR)
Contact: Oskar Dajerling, Recruiter
We offer a market-competitive base salary in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. Additionally we offer an attractive incentive program, a modern company pension scheme, childcare facilities, learning & development options and worldwide career opportunities within the Novartis group. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least EUR 44.286,62 per year).
6250 Kundl, Austria