Grow with us. Support excellent research.
IST Austria is a constantly growing international institute for conducting frontier research in the life, physical, and formal sciences, located in Klosterneuburg on the outskirts of Vienna. As employees of the administration and the Scientific Service Units, we strive to support IST Austria's scientists in performing excellent research.
Technology Transfer Associate (f/m)
PART TIME OR FULL TIME
The Technology Transfer Office (TTO) - TWIST is the one stop shop for all matters related to the development of ideas and inventions at IST Austria towards practical applications. The TTO assists in patent protection and/or licensing the technology to interested companies or creating spin-off companies. It also supports scientists in collaboration agreements with industry. Are you interested in how your future working place may look like? This video provides a bird's eye view of IST Austria.
- Identify and conceptualize technology transfer projects by building a network and good relationships with researchers at all levels seeking to understand the potential of their technologies (focus: computer science, physics)
- Manage IP protection processes
- Support applications to translational, proof-of-concept, seed and cooperative grants, in cooperation with Grant Office
- Negotiate license deals and manage the post deal process
- Contribute to the development of the IST Cube seed fund
- Provide mentoring and support to spin off teams
- Educational background in computer sciences or physics and/or business development to be capable of evaluating the commercial potential of scientific inventions
- Proven experience in the management of technology transfer projects or academic spin offs - additional research experience is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and understanding of the legal and financial framework of company start-ups to act as a mentor for founders
- Good sense for business opportunities
- Excellent presentation and communication skills in English
- High team orientation both with regards to the Tech Transfer team and broader project teams
- Offers challenging positions in a dynamic and growing organization
- Supports learning and development
- Provides flexible working times and numerous fringe benefits
- Promotes an international and open culture
- Supports an appreciative and respectful work environment
- Values diversity and is committed to equality
- Free Shuttlebus for employees (Departing from Heiligenstadt, travel time: about 22 min.) and free parking places
To apply for this position send your application indicating your interest in a part time or full time by e-mail to:
We offer a minimum salary of EUR 3,063 gross/month (full time), with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience. IST Austria processes your personal data in accordance with the statutory data protection regulations. For more information please refer to our data privacy statement: https://ist.ac.at/data-protection/.
Institute of Science and Technology Austria | Am Campus 1 | 3400 Klosterneuburg | +43 (0)2243/9000 0 | www.ist.ac.at