"I believe that robots and AI can only be as smart as the people who made them." So do we.
Technological innovations have fundamentally changed the game. Today, our digitally savvy customers demand a premium experience across all channels and touchpoints. And that's where Erste Group's IT entities come into play. We believe that the future of banking is digital and we want to be among the creators and innovators who redefine it. We are ready to go the extra mile to wow our clients. You do too? Then hit the "apply now" button.
Security Engineer (m/f)
s IT Solutions AT Spardat GmbH is the IT solutions provider of Erste Bank und Sparkassen in Austria and is responsible for development, implementation, support and servicing of IT solutions for banking. Furthermore, s IT Solutions Austria is in charge of data centre operations and the local technical service in Austria.
Our Cyber Defense Center (CDC) is looking for an eager and highly ambitious Security Engineer with Solution Responsibility to complete our team of experts at the Critical Incident Response Center (CIRC). Our CIRC is one of the leading Security Operation Centers in the private sector and responsible for maintaining a secure IT landscape in the digital banking area.
- You are taking operational responsibility for a Security Solution (e.g. VPN, Multi Factor Authentication, …)
- You and your colleagues are responsible for analyzing security incidents generated by various data sources out of an cutting edge SIEM and determine true threats vs. false positives
- You will assist to develop and expand our security management system in an agile way and by constantly expanding its capabilities and integrate it into business processes
- You will cooperate with other departments to react appropriate on security incidents and to support security monitoring and incident response services within the CIRC
- You will execute security incident investigations in an very heterogenic environment and support the preparation of reports for regulatory reporting
- You will assist system operators in handling the technical and organizational aspects of security solutions
- You will co-lead meetings and present reports in front of decision makers
- You offer a solid know-how in networks (routing, switching) and operating systems (Windows, Unix/Linux); development skills and understanding of development methodologies are an advantage
- You have a basic understanding of software vulnerabilities and exploit techniques, as well of attack vectors like Buffer Overflow, SQL Injection, DDoS, Phishing, Fraud, etc.
- You demonstrate interest and knowledge in learning of security trends and malware analysis
- You are able to multi-task, self-start, and work in a fast-paced team environment and have the ability to work independently
- You bring excellent teamwork and people skills as well as flexibility and an open mindset with you
- You are not afraid to take responsibility, lead meetings and present solid solutions to managers and partners
- You speak German and English fluently
- We offer a responsible and diversified activity within a cooperative team and excellent working climate as well as continuous training and educational opportunities
- We support your professional and personal development at all times
- We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer without regard to age, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin. We live diversity!
- A competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications is granted - the minimum wage for this position in accordance with the respective collective agreement is EUR 41.706,-- gross per year
- Our employees appreciate attractive career opportunities, flexible working hours, possibility to do home office, numerous social benefits and a professional working atmosphere
- Discover and enjoy the benefits of Erste Group
Degree of Employment: Full-Time
Primary Location: Vienna