We are Austrias largest Research and Technology Organization and an international player in the research areas that we cover. This makes us a leading development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Digital Safety and Security is seeking to hire a new Ingenious Partner for our locations in Vienna or Klagenfurt.
Research Engineer (m/f/d) for Quantum Cryptography Software Development (Location Vienna)
- You are part of an internationally renowned team that has been leading large European research projects in the field of quantum cryptography since 2004.
- You work on emerging technologies with European technology leaders and help to shape the future of secure communication.
- You work in a vibrant and agile team with a high degree of freedom and create high quality software for devices that operate on satellites or in data centers.
- You will transform research results in the field of quantum cryptography into products.
- You will develop new network solutions in C/C++ and Python on Linux server machines and embedded devices.
- You will interact with partners in international research projects.
- You will work on concepts, specifications and processes to achieve defined project goals, with the ability to introduce new, emerging technologies as potential solutions.
- Your results play a key role in our success in ongoing and future research and contracted research projects.
- You are responsible for creating new operating procedures and for optimizing them.
- Your examinations and integrations of new technologies play a key success factor in secured systems and applications.
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner*:
- MSc in Computer Science (or equivalent).
- Profound knowledge in security or network engineering.
- Mastery in C/C++, Python and Linux; knowledge of Rust, modern software techniques (CI/CD, DevOps, Agile, Clean Code, Clean Architecture) and Docker is a plus.
- Hands-on mentality and affinity for creating sustainable technical solutions and putting them into production.
- High commitment and ability to work in teams.
- Affinity to abstract, mathematical thinking and physics.
- Proficient English (spoken and written); good German (spoken and written) is a plus.
What to expect:
The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement is EUR 46.186,-- The actual salary will be determined individually, based on your qualifications and experience. In addition, we offer company benefits, flexible working conditions, individual training and career opportunities in a highly innovative environment.
At AIT, the promotion of women is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to hearing from female applicants!
TOMORROW TODAY - WITH YOU?
Please submit your application documents including CV, cover letter and certificates online, via: https://jobs.ait.ac.at/Job/118642.