OncoOne is a biotech start-up dedicated to developing innovative therapeutics to treat patients with solid tumors. OncoOne is an equal opportunity employer who maintains a diverse and inclusive work culture.
We are seeking a highly motivated and creative Protein Biochemist to assist in the development of cancer therapeutics within the Internal Research Group in our Laboratories at Muthgasse 11, Vienna.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support development of novel therapeutics in the field of oncology, working closely with a team of Scientists and Research Associates
- Design, expression, purification, and in-depth characterization of mammalian proteins including antibodies, antibody fragments, and novel protein constructs
- Present research results in internal meetings
- Analyze and manage scientific data
- Publish scientific results in peer-reviewed scientific journals and present data at international conferences
- Conscientious documentation according to GDP guidelines
- PhD with strong background in Biochemistry and Protein Engineering and 3 or more years of professional experience in biotech or pharmaceutical R&D is desired
- Knowledge in dealing with regulatory requirements is preferred
- Strong experience using various protein expression platforms (mammalian and bacterial cells) and protein purification using FPLC chromatography systems (affinity chromatography HIC, IEX, SEC etc.)
- Highly skilled in using analytical instruments for biochemical protein characterization (e.g. HPLC, LC-MS/MS, DLS, SPR, CD)
- Proven ability to improve protein production and characterization capabilities through identification of key technology improvements, innovation, and/or problem solving
- Experience using software to analyze and design DNA and protein constructs (e.g. Vector NTI, SnapGene, Genious, and BLAST)
- Well-organized and self-reliant
- Relevant scientific and publication track record
- Excellent team spirit, communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in English
- Relevant computer skills
We offer a competitive salary based on professional and personal skills as well as professional experience. The base pay for this position, according to the Austrian collective agreement, is 35.174,30 gross per year (full-time).