We are Austria's largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Health & Bioresources is seeking to hire new Ingenious Partners for our location in Vienna:
Junior Scientist (m/f/d) for Protein Engineering (PostDoc) (Limited contract for 2 years)
- In order to optimally protect the population, we are working in several national, European and industrial research projects on diagnostic solutions aiming to identify human pathogens and antibiotic resistance. In the new two-year H2020 project MARILIA, we aim to develop a new technology for the sensitive detection of human pathogens in water samples.
- As part of our interdisciplinary team, you will develop, express and purify recombinant proteins that can specifically bind to pathogenic bacteria.
- You will be responsible to experimentally evaluate species-specific bacteria-binding proteins.
- You will develop recombinant split enzymes as reporter proteins.
- You will create DNA-tagged proteins.
- Within the research project you will work/interact with different experts in the fields of DNA nanotechnology, biotechnology, chemistry, computer science and biophysics.
- Your publication activities in scientific journals and presentations at conferences will significantly contribute to the international reputation of the team.
- The goal of the project is to evaluate the performance of the novel pathogen detection assay.
- The assay you co-developed is tested in a real scenario.If the assay validation is successful, a start-up is planned to further exploit the results.
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner:
- PhD in molecular biology, biotechnology or similar field
- Knowledge in protein engineering and purification
- Analytical thinking
- Very good communication, presentation and writing skills in English.
What you can expect:
The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement is EUR 43.820,--. The actual salary will be determined individually, based on your qualifications and experience. In addition, we offer company benefits, flexible working conditions, individual training and career opportunities.
At AIT, the promotion of women is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to hearing from female applicants!
The start of employment for this two-year project is the 01.09.2020.
TOMORROW TODAY - WITH YOU?
Please submit your application documents including CV, motivational letter and certificates online, via: https://jobs.ait.ac.at/Job/128684
For further information please contact:
Dr. Ivan Barisic, ivan.barisic(at)ait.ac.at