We are looking for a hero that is ready to support in building up the Human Resources Department. The person in this role is responsible for providing high quality, professional, confidential, and proactive support to a variety of HR projects to enhance the employee experience and continually improve HR services for employees. This role is here for assuring the smooth running of all HR administrative processes and together with the HR Manager to provide HR support to the business on a wide range of topics.
The Semantic Web Company (SWC) supports over 180 organizations, including over 50 Forbes Global 2000 companies, in the development of semantic AI solutions based on knowledge graphs. The Vienna-based company has been a pioneer in the field of the Semantic Web for over 15 years and has subsidiaries in the USA, France and in the UK.
SWC values loyalty, brightness and innovation, and rewards outstanding performance with increased responsibility and growth opportunities. We offer a great work-life balance and a company culture that is cutting-edge, ingenious, dynamic, collaborative, and fun while relying on professionalism and the highest level of integrity from our employees. Honesty and reliability are at the core of our business ethos.
At Semantic Web Company you'll work together with great people with a wide variety of backgrounds, skills, and talents. If you are interested in Semantics, are hardworking, and most of all an open-minded team player, then SWC might be a great fit for you.
The person in this role is responsible for providing high quality, professional, confidential, and proactive support to a variety of HR projects to enhance the employee experience and continually improve HR services for employees. This role is here for assuring the smooth running of all HR administrative processes and together with the HR Manager to provide HR support to the business on a wide range of topics.
Part-time role, up to 30h a week.
Main responsibilities are consisted of
- Creating contracts and other employment documents
- Employee data management
- Coordination with our tax-advisor, including salary related topics and other payments, pregnancy leaves etc.
- Helping employees in the struggles with Austrian bureaucracy
- Administration of our time tracking tool (TimeTac)
- Monitoring and approving sick leaves
- Support in recruitment - coordination of CV's and communication to candidates
- Involvement in the on/off-boarding of new/leaving employees
- Processing working permits (RWR Cards applications and approvals)
- Involvement in other HR projects/processes by need & wish
- BA of business administration, HR or social sciences - but not a must
- 1-2 years of experience in HR Administration
- MS Office great knowledge (Excel, Word, PP)
- Excellent English and German skills
- Preferably basic understanding of a salary system and in general labour law in Austria
- Great interpersonal skills and a high willingness to help
- High organizational skills and accuracy
- Proactiveness, feeling of responsibility and ownership for work
- Understanding the need to maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times
What we offer
- A captivating and engaging environment working in the burgeoning fields of semantic technologies and artificial intelligence
- Scope for growth and the possibility to gain knowledge through specialized training and work experience by means of a successful, well-structured training phase
- A most welcoming, collegial and professional working atmosphere in an attractive office located in "the most liveable city in the world" (according to 'The Economist'), centrally located in the heart of Vienna and extremely easy to reach with public transportation
- An exciting position in an agile, diverse and rapidly-expanding company with a flat hierarchy and a staff composed of more than 27 nationalities where English is the main working language
- A challenging but rewarding position with interesting training & development opportunities
- A good work-life balance with the possibility to work from home and flexible working hours
- Ergonomic office equipment as well as complimentary fresh fruit, coffee, tea, and drinking water
- State-of-the-art infrastructure
The minimum gross salary by the collective agreement that is valid for this position (full-time-equivalent) is EUR 28,000 p.a. - overpayment is possible depending on education, skills, and prior work experience.
We would love to have you in our team!
If interested, please send your full application to:
Semantic Web Company
c/o Iva Bosanac Hoblaj