We are Austria's largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Digital Safety & Security is seeking to hire new Ingenious Partners for our location in Vienna:
Research Engineer (m/f/d) for the Development of Computer Vision Systems
- Protecting citizens is one of the greatest social challenges. Ensuring the security of people and infrastructure requires the analysis of multitude video data with state-of-the-art analysis systems. For Surveillance & Protection applications, it is necessary to provide security-related information to infrastructure manager and the executive.
- As part of your interdisciplinary team, you will explore and develop scalable computer vision methods, considering the latest research and actively developing them for real-world applications.
- You will use your knowledge in software development for the implementation and optimization of vision systems.
- In order to rapidly develop efficient image processing solutions, you will develop and improve systems concepts, algorithms and applications.
- You will focus also on the adjustments and development of scalable and platform-independent architectures which automatically extract events from offline or live videos.
- You will use your analytical skills to design new solutions in the field of real-time data and signal processing for end users - the solutions are based on a customer requirement analysis using scientific state-of-the-art technologies.
- You will work with the latest software development tools and sensor technologies on "Visual Sensing and Analytics" in order to improve "Situational Awareness".
- Your innovative solving approaches are based on the requirements of the end-user and are characterized technologically as well as scientifically by excellence.
- You support the acquisition and management of research and development projects and you are a reliable contact person for our industrial and project partners.
- Your developed methods prove themselves in practice and are used successfully by our customers.
- You actively share your knowledge with colleagues, support students and work with the relevant community.
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner*:
- Completed university studies in computer science, mathematics, physics or telematics
- Experiences in computer vision & image processing (Deep Learning) with common platforms like TensorFlow
- Good programming skills in C#, C++, Python, versioning tools (Git)
- Ideally, you have additional knowledge, or you are interested in:optical sensors, GPU, computer architectures and parallel processing
- computer graphics, AR/VR/MR technologies
- Unity3D, mobile development in Android
- Special interest in applied research and solutions of practical problems
- Teamwork, flexibility and commitment
- Good communication skills in English (spoken and written), German is an asset.
What to expect:
The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement is EUR 54.768,--. The actual salary will be determined individually, based on your qualifications and experience. In addition, we offer company benefits, flexible working conditions, individual training and career opportunities in a highly innovative environment.
At AIT, the promotion of women is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to hearing from female applicants.
T OMORROW TODAY - WITH YOU?
Please submit your application documents including your CV, motivational letter and certificates online: https://jobs.ait.ac.at/Job/122577